Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2018, 08:48 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Where is the battery disconnect switch in a 1997 Leisure Travel Widebody?

Hi,

I've been looking all over our Leisure Travel van. It's a 1997 Widebody on a dodge B3500 chassis. It has the rear electric sofa layout.

I've been trying to locate a battery disconnect switch for the house battery but can not find it. Was it not installed per the factory?
I found the converter and fuse box panel under the drivers side of the rear couch. That's where all wiring comes together and the AC transfer switch is also located. I did find what seems to be a 12V reset circuit breaker (similar to this: reset circuit breaker example), but no manual disconnect switch.

I'd like to be able to disconnect all power drain from the coach battery while not using the RV.
Am I just not finding it? Or can i install one easily in some spot that makes sense (thinking of wiring ease, accesibility, and an area where it makes sense and can be found

Thanks in advance,
henknoordermeer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery disconnect switch, leisure travel freedom, reset circuit breaker