Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2018, 12:06 AM   #1

Default 2003-2008 - B+ - 23-25 ft - corner bed - slide out dinette

Hello,

I'm looking to get a Class B+, year 2003-2008, length 23-25 ft with a back corner bed and a slide out dinette. So far I only found the following 2 models.

Dynamax Carri-Go 2510 - http://www.dynamaxclub.com/wp-conten...ax-carrigo.pdf

Phoenix Cruiser 2351 - https://www.mhsrv.com/2006-phoenix-c...-c-tx-i2367458
I live in Canada and unfortunately the Phoenix Cruiser is not admissible into Canada and I can't find the Dynamax anywhere. I'm sure there must be some other models around but I googled already for hours

Does anyone knows of any other models that meet my requirements?

Thank you for your help!
Brigit

EDIT: Added the correct link to the 2006 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
Birgit1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 01:43 AM   #2
Platinum Member

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/roa...ents/VAFUS.pdf

The Phoenix Cruiser is not listed as admissible, but as the document states

Quote:
All other class B motorhomes not shown as admissible on this list are inadmissible unless not regulated at importation due to age (older than
15 years)
A 2003 Phoenix Cruiser would be admissible.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 02:06 AM   #3

Unfortunately a 2003 is not OLDER than 15 years. I checked with the border crossing. That would only be a 2001 or a Jan-July 2002 at the moment.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:11 AM   #4

And I just added the correct link to the Phoenix Cruiser 2350 I found for sale. It's a 2006 model. It would be a really good deal but unfortunately not old enough
Old 08-31-2018, 12:59 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birgit1964 View Post
Unfortunately a 2003 is not OLDER than 15 years. I checked with the border crossing. That would only be a 2001 or a Jan-July 2002 at the moment.
I had assumed by 15 years they actually meant by the numbers, but getting that exact seems silly.

Now here's a question, is the 15 year thing based on the chassis date of manufacture or the upfitter date of manufacture? As we know most motorhomes are built on a previous year model van, so a 2003 is built on a 2002 chassis.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:46 AM   #6

Unfortunately it's the upfitter date of manufacture
Old 09-03-2018, 05:26 AM   #7
Gold Member

Have you looked at Winnebago Aspect/Itasca Cambria? These have exactly the layout you re looking for. The slide out dinette is U shaped which I think is nicer than the std two bench dinette.

Regards
Gary
08Libero. (Rear Corner bed but not a slide dinette)
Bertiboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 06:02 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertiboo View Post
Have you looked at Winnebago Aspect/Itasca Cambria? These have exactly the layout you re looking for. The slide out dinette is U shaped which I think is nicer than the std two bench dinette.

Regards
Gary
08 Libero. (Rear Corner bed but not a slide dinette)
Thank you
Yes, I came across it yesterday as someone posted it as a 25fter and I got totally excited. But looking further into they are both actually 26'7" ft long which is too long as I'm driving on a lot of backcountry roads.

I had a 19ft Roadtrek Versatile for over 4 years and that was perfect for my weekend/vacation trips. It got stolen a few weeks ago so I had to look for a replacement and while searching around I found the 20ft Roadtrek Versatile model. I fell instantly in love with it as it has way more storage space, bigger fridge etc. But coincidentally life had some surprises for me and I'm able to semi-retire within the next 12 month. So I will live full time in my newest addition and of course now I have to find a good compromise with space and length. I really think 25 ft is the total maximum I want to go with.

P.S. Where in BC are you located? I live in Kelowna
Old 09-06-2018, 05:26 PM   #9

Love love love my diesel 2008 Winnebago View 24 J
nnewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnewman View Post
Love love love my diesel 2008 Winnebago View 24 J
It's a Class C and not a Class B+ though
Old 09-07-2018, 01:58 AM   #11
Gold Member

The View comes in both “B+”and C models. The View “Profile” is the B+. And 24j is the rear corner bed version.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:28 AM   #12

Quote:
The View comes in both “B+”and C models. The View “Profile” is the B+. And 24j is the rear corner bed version.
I was looking at the brochure again https://library.rvusa.com/brochure/08ViewBrochure.pdf
I understand there is the option with the overhead storage instead of the bed but the compartment size/profile itself is still the same and hangs over the cab just without the side windows. I had 24, 27 and 29ft class C motorhomes and I never liked the feeling of the cab-over when driving as it somehow blocked the view. I see it's a bit smaller in the View though and I will see if I can find one and drive it to get a real feeling for it. It' for sure a nice unit!

Here are picture to compare the profiles to what I think is more a "real" Class B+ even there is no official definition for Class B+. I know the first one is the View J-model but just to compare the profiles.

http://www.utraderv.com/adphotos/n/nnxie8z.jpg

https://cdn2.rvtrader.com/v1/media/5...384&quality=60

https://assets.lazydays.com/967485_Detail.jpg

I appreciate all the input as it gives me different models to look at. With the "View" I always just found the H model so to learn about the J model was good. Hopefully someone comes up with another brand/model option that I never found with my own search
Old 09-07-2018, 01:23 PM   #13
Gold Member

Hi Birgit,
The picture you showed wasn’t a Profile. The Profile is a fairly sleek B+ faired in design without the overcab section but with a nice skylight. Here’s a link to show the two views of a View. C and B+

https://www.google.ca/search?q=winne...dXZltIx_QdCdM:
Old 09-07-2018, 02:07 PM   #14
Gold Member

Should add that when you’re searching on RVT.com or RvTrader.com, some sellers forget to put the word ‘Profile’ in their ad. So you end up looking at all Views and finding the profiles by picture.

Remember also that Itasca models are identical in floorplan and design to Winnie’s. The Itasca version of the View is the Navion. The Navion “IQ” is the B+ version of the Navion.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:33 PM   #15

nnewman wrote he loves his 2008 View so I was looking at the brochure of that year. The Profile-line didn't start til 2010. I keep my eyes open but I'm afraid they are way to expensive for me.

Now I'm putting the Itasca on my list too as they started in 2008 with the Q-line. I came across them earlier but didn't really look at them as they were always out of my budget.

Now I have to do some more research in regards of repair/maintenance availability and cost of Mercedes. Being originally from Germany I know they are expensive. But of course the diesel engine would need less fuel. So many things to consider.

Thanks again - are you my personal Class B+ consultant
Old 09-09-2018, 01:11 AM   #16
Gold Member

I know this one is probably too new and expensive but it might be worth going to look at since it’s in Kelowna. https://kelowna.craigslist.ca/rvs/d/...682170620.html

I always liked the rear slide bed as an alternative to a corner bed but there wasn’t one in my price range at the time either.

Gary
Old 09-09-2018, 10:01 PM   #17
Bronze Member

Birgit,

There is a 2002 Phoenix Cruiser model 2300 on eBay. Length is 23.5 feet. Ford chassis and a V-10 engine. 90k miles. Price is $24.900. It is listed by an RV Dealer - Parkway RV Center in Georgia 706-965-7929. It has a corner bed but not a slide.

Also on eBay is a 2004 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser that is 24 feet long. It has 2 slides but not a corner bed.. Price is $21,500.

Also, there is an RV manufacturer called Coach House that makes Class B+ RV's. Check them out too.

I have a 1998 Coachmen Starflyte Class B+. I have the model with the corner bed but had no slides. It is 21 feet long. Coachmen made them from 1997 to 2000. Then they sold the plans/molds to Dynamax who made them from 2001 to 2002. Dynamax then made similar models that were longer under a different model name.

It may take some time to find exactly what you are looking for. Or you may have to modify your criteria.

David
TatraDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:11 AM   #18
Gold Member

Yeah those Coachhouse Platinums are top of the line.. one of my favourites. One piece shell just like Chinooks used to have. They seem to hold their value really well though so can be pricey and being made in Florida, they are very rare up her in PNW or W. Canada.

The one that meets Birgits specs with dinette slide is the 232xl. The rear corner bed has a slide too, but is a standard corner bed if you don’t want to slide it out, say in a Walmart or rest area. http://www.coachhouserv.com/model-232xl.php#specs
Old 09-12-2018, 03:18 AM   #19

Quote:
I know this one is probably too new and expensive but it might be worth going to look at since it’s in Kelowna. https://kelowna.craigslist.ca/rvs/d/...682170620.html

I always liked the rear slide bed as an alternative to a corner bed but there wasn’t one in my price range at the time either.

Gary
Well, this one is WAY out of my price range but maybe it makes sense to look at it just for the fun of it and to get a real feeling about the size itself. It's 15-20 years ago that I had the "big" motorhomes and my Roadtrek is not really a motorhome

I like the slide out bed idea in general but I will use the slide outs only when I stay somewhere longer. Most slide out beds are either folded up and can't be used without the slide out or they are in the way to the bathroom and I have to use the bathroom at night or even just while traveling

Brigit
Old 09-12-2018, 03:45 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatraDog View Post
Birgit,

There is a 2002 Phoenix Cruiser model 2300 on eBay. Length is 23.5 feet. Ford chassis and a V-10 engine. 90k miles. Price is $24.900. It is listed by an RV Dealer - Parkway RV Center in Georgia 706-965-7929. It has a corner bed but not a slide.

Also on eBay is a 2004 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser that is 24 feet long. It has 2 slides but not a corner bed.. Price is $21,500.

Also, there is an RV manufacturer called Coach House that makes Class B+ RV's. Check them out too.

I have a 1998 Coachmen Starflyte Class B+. I have the model with the corner bed but had no slides. It is 21 feet long. Coachmen made them from 1997 to 2000. Then they sold the plans/molds to Dynamax who made them from 2001 to 2002. Dynamax then made similar models that were longer under a different model name.

It may take some time to find exactly what you are looking for. Or you may have to modify your criteria.

David
Thanks for your help and suggestions too. I was looking through tons of floorplans and I'm pretty set on my requirements. I don't care about wet or dry bath etc but to have a permanent bed and a slide out are essential to me as my plan is to live in it full time for the next few years. I know it won't be easy but I trust that I'll find something. I'm sure lots will be on the market in the spring again. Of course the prices will be higher as well. but I think it's more to find something than being worried about the best time to buy it.

I added the Coachman Platinum 232XL to my list now. That's the whole purpose of this posting to learn about more models that fit my criteria.

I'm a big E-Bay buyer but I don't want to risk to buy a car/motorhome through E-Bay without seeing and checking it out first.

Thanks again
Brigit