Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2014, 08:25 PM   #1

Default 6"2" Tall

The Class C motor homes (Sprinter is an exception, but I am not interested in diesel) that I have seen are difficult for me to drive due to my 6'2" frame, as the "dog house" cuts back the rear motion of the seat. Some of Class C's are an inch or so too short for my height. Does the Class B+ allow the drivers seat to recline for more leg room than a "typical C" and is the roof adequate on any or all models to allow for standing up and stretching?
rlepperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:17 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: 6"2" Tall

The dog house usually refers to the engine cover. I'm not sure what you call the bit behind the seat. Maybe bulkhead?
C's tend to have a drop from the coach floor down to the cab floor. The B+ I had (Trail Lite) had a flat floor throughout. That gave more space to slide the seats and even allowed for me to install a swivel seat base on the passenger side.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:51 AM   #3

I am 6'3" and feel your pain! I know you said you weren't interested in a diesel....I wasn't either until I sat in a Mercedes Sprinter. I could not fit comfortably in the Dodge, but the Winnie Era C fit the bill nicely for me. It is more comfortable driving than my Honda Ridgeline truck (that I love to drive). The head room in the living quarters is adequate - I have to watch out for the roof air conditioner - but otherwise, no issues. The bed is a little on the comfort challenge - but with a memory foam mattress and a closed cell foam pad - it will do. And I can actually take a shower in the shower stall - unlike any other shower I tried.

Best of luck!
geds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:19 AM   #4
Site Team

I am another 6'3"-er. I have to agree that the Sprinter is very well set up for those of our stature.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:02 AM   #5
Platinum Member

i'm 6'2"- I gotta wear flip flops or sneakers in the pleasure way ( chev)- if I wear boots I'm gonna hit my head on the shower curtain rail!

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:54 PM   #6

I'm 6'4" and have plenty of room to move and drive in our Pleasure Way Plateau XL.
Az520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:07 PM   #7
Platinum Member

I'm 6'5" tall... with a 36" inseam. You're just not looking at the right class C moho. My Kodiak chassis class C has more than adequate room in the cab... everywhere. It's really comfy... AND it has a rear island queen!

[IMG]20150825-DSCF8733 by Roger H, on Flickr[/IMG]

and my '95 Ford E-250 B-van works fine for me... I actually prefer driving it to my cars because it's so comfortable.
hepcat is offline   Reply With Quote