Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2019, 06:51 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default All ProMaster MH

Just received this notice from the Viva-Trend google group about recall on transmission. Not sure of years are involved.

I was at the Dodge dealership getting an oil change for my Trend and they let me know that there is an open recall that came out this week for the ProMaster. A shifting solenoid in the transmission was manufactured out of tolerance and has a high probability of failing. If it does the transmission will be unable to shift out of first gear and the check-engine light comes on. I have an appointment next week to get the work done (Dodge says it has been allotted 2.5hrs time for repair).

MLogan
2017 Trend (2016 model)
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:59 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Good to get it fixed before it becomes a problem for you. Does your Trend have the 3.6L gas engine with the 6-sp automatic or the rare diesel with the automated manual?
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:27 PM   #3
Platinum Member

It was not my ProMaster that was mentioned. Was another Trend owner. I have the 3.6L gas engine with 28K miles as of today. Only problem was the outside temp gauge went bad and replaced under warranty. The whole driver side mirror has to be replaced just for the temp gauge, which effects your A/C working.

MLogan
2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:22 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Hi: You can register on the Mopar website. When you do a search with VIN#. You will be informed if your Promaster has any recalls issued for it. I just did it for mine. Nothing regarding the transmission solenoid.
Rlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:20 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I have the "My Ram" app on my phone and there is no recall notice at this time on my van.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:32 PM   #6
Platinum Member

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration will have all Safety Issues and Recalls listed: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

You can sign up for email alerts for every vehicle you have or are interested in: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/nhtsa/subscriptions including RV brands.

Canadians can check Transport Canada's Motor Vehicle Safety Recalls Database: https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur...g=eng&lang=eng
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:46 PM   #7
Platinum Member

I can't speak to how Fiat Chrysler does it, but many of the recalls we have had, if not all, were phased in by the manufacturers, with the notifications sometimes coming right away and sometimes with a significant delay.

They do it do match the parts availability and dealer capacity to handle the work. If they didn't it would be chaos at the dealers in the early days of the recall.

The recalls by serial number often don't show up for your vehicle until the notice goes out, but you can usually find a bulk serial number range for the recalls on the recall websites.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote