Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2016, 01:40 PM   #1

Default LTV Wonder

I ordered a LTV Wonder with expected delivery in February. Excited about my new adventures. Would love to hear from anyone else who has one, wants one, or has any advice!
WonderGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 08:04 PM   #2
BBQ
Platinum Member

+1

This one?

BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 08:37 PM   #3

Yep! That's my new baby!
Old 11-26-2016, 10:56 PM   #4

Sweet !! Congrats.
Big-Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 12:07 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderGirl View Post
I ordered a LTV Wonder with expected delivery in February. Excited about my new adventures. Would love to hear from anyone else who has one, wants one, or has any advice!
Excellent choice.

LTV was on my short list because of their build quality but they seemed totally disinterested in embracing cutting edge technology (autostart/lithiums/underhood generator). They even declined to add AGMs so I ended up going with a Roadtrek.

But if you don't plan on doing a lot of extended boondocking, the Wonder is a great choice and IMO, the best model in their line. The sense of spaciousness in the Wonder makes the Sprinter interior feel claustrophobic by comparison and their combination seating and Murphy bed arrangement is totally cool.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 02:25 PM   #6
Silver Member

Congratulations! If all goes well, my Hymer Aktiv arrives late January/early February. I share your excitement!
4DMTNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 02:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
Excellent choice.

LTV was on my short list because of their build quality but they seemed totally disinterested in embracing cutting edge technology (autostart/lithiums/underhood generator). They even declined to add AGMs so I ended up going with a Roadtrek.

But if you don't plan on doing a lot of extended boondocking, the Wonder is a great choice and IMO, the best model in their line. The sense of spaciousness in the Wonder makes the Sprinter interior feel claustrophobic by comparison and their combination seating and Murphy bed arrangement is totally cool.
Thanks! The Wonder is very spacious and I love the sleek interior cabinets with everything hidden. This is my first RV, so I'm not planning on extended boondocking. I agree that I wish they would upgrade their batteries to lithium and their inverter to 2000 watts.

Congrats on your Roadtrek! Happy camping!
Old 11-27-2016, 02:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DMTNS View Post
Congratulations! If all goes well, my Hymer Aktiv arrives late January/early February. I share your excitement!
Cool choice! Aktiv is a little to small for me...I need the full bath in the Wonder. Hope you enjoy it.
Old 11-27-2016, 03:45 PM   #9
Silver Member

Quote:
Cool choice! Aktiv is a little to small for me...I need the full bath in the Wonder. Hope you enjoy it.
Since I've survived without a shower on my 3-day trips, I couldn't imagine what I would do with a full shower space. I'm sure I'll figure out how to make use of it. And, I will probably wish for a larger shower space now and then.
4DMTNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 03:55 PM   #10
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks! The Wonder is very spacious and I love the sleek interior cabinets with everything hidden. This is my first RV, so I'm not planning on extended boondocking. I agree that I wish they would upgrade their batteries to lithium and their inverter to 2000 watts.

Congrats on your Roadtrek! Happy camping!
How big is the inverter?
You can always buy another inverter in addition to what is installed.

Lithium batteries are nice. But also expensive.

If you move your RV every few days,
or use the generator (or solar),
you don't really need a large battery bank.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
How big is the inverter?
You can always buy another inverter in addition to what is installed.

Lithium batteries are nice. But also expensive.

If you move your RV every few days,
or use the generator (or solar),
you don't really need a large battery bank.
The inverter is 1200 watt. As a newbie, I didn't know you could add an inverter. I figured that if I wanted more wattage I would need to replace the existing one. Agree re: lithium battery expense. And since I am a newbie, I plan to use shore power and generator until I get used to how everything works.
Old 11-27-2016, 11:04 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
The inverter is 1200 watt. As a newbie, I didn't know you could add an inverter. I figured that if I wanted more wattage I would need to replace the existing one. Agree re: lithium battery expense. And since I am a newbie, I plan to use shore power and generator until I get used to how everything works.
Without generator or alternator support, what ultimately limits the practical size of the coach inverter is battery amp hour capacity. With the 12 volt 200 ah coach batteries you have, your 1200 watt inverter is already pushing the envelope. If you increase your inverter capacity beyond this, you'll need to add batteries and beef up the cabling to the inverter(s), all of which is doable, but its a project.

IMO, considering the expense, it's not worth doing. Your 1200w inverter will support entertainment equipment, coffee makers and within reasonable limits, the microwave oven.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post

IMO, considering the expense, it's not worth doing. Your 1200w inverter will support entertainment equipment, coffee makers and within reasonable limits, the microwave oven.
Thanks for the advice. All I really need is the coffee maker.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:54 PM   #14
BBQ
Platinum Member

Here's an AC/DC lithium powered coffee maker for you

https://www.amazon.com/Makita-DCM500.../dp/B010FZDG82