Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2016, 09:18 PM   #1

Default On first trip, draining procedure 70X?

Hello,

Our first post on here. Just purchased an Era 70X. We are heading up to Colorado for a few days. Our orientation left a lot to be desired, (understatement). We've been scrounging the web for info on the Truma system, with good results. Not so much for the macerator, etc. DH is not going to let me use the loo until I have gleaned some dumping info! Halp, halp Thanks in advance.

Signed,

Undersized Bladder
Coolchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:23 PM   #2
Platinum Member

The owners manual seems to cover it pretty well, what other info are you looking for?
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:31 PM   #3

I didn't know if there was a YouTube video or better presentation of the procedure? Not our first RV, just first macerator.

Best
Old 05-12-2016, 11:39 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I have a Roadtrek Sprinter but likely similar to yours. Not much to watch out for except to not run the macerator when you have no more liquid coming out, better to stop a little early when it starts to dribble than to damage the macerator by running it with no liquid coming through. Some people stop based on the change in sound but I don't seem to hear it so I watch the drain and stop when the flow stops.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:02 AM   #5

Thank you,

Much appreciated. We have been on the road for many hours, nervous about goofing something up while we are tired.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:16 AM   #6
Platinum Member

One thing you could do would be to pour a couple buckets of water down the toilet & then stop by the dump station to drain the black tank. It would give you a chance to practice using the macerator without worrying too much about making a mess (since it's just water), and would also let you verify that the black tank will actually drain (and also that the tank sensors are working properly). Trust me, you don't want to fill the black tank the traditional way & then find out there's a problem preventing you from draining it (speaking from experience here).
Old 05-14-2016, 03:36 AM   #7

Thank you for the response. So far, so good, I think we've deciphered the process. Much easier than predicted and all seems to be working well, whew!!