Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2010, 04:06 PM   #1

Default Mapping software for a netbook

Just curious as to what folks use out there. Mainly DeLorme vs. Microsoft. I have a small TomTom that is ok but want something a bit more robust for trip planning and on the road use. I am usually the one navigating as my DW likes to drive.
GPLarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
Silver Member

Default Re: Mapping software for a netbook

I like the Delorme and update it every year. They usually send me a discount offer in email. There Topo USA topographical software also works with the GPS but the old laptop I dedicate to GPS is to slow for that. I am using an IBM X32 laptop and the small 12" screen is huge compared to the GPS units. I built a small shelf on top of the dog box in my RT 190P and attach the laptop with Velcro so I can move it back and forth to my SUV.

Sorry I misread netbook for notebook... I would still suggest the Delorme. I have the same issue with my X32 of no CD drive so I just map it to the drive in my desktop and load the software in from there. As long as you have a USB port, the GPS unit should work.
Pete
pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #3

Picked up Street Atlas 2010 with the LT-40 puck today. I did use their software years ago so I am pretty used to it.
GPLarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:37 AM   #4
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPLarge
Picked up Street Atlas 2010 with the LT-40 puck today. I did use their software years ago so I am pretty used to it.
That should work good for you. Register it with Delorme and they will email you discount offers for when you upgrade to 2011.
Pete
pete is offline   Reply With Quote