Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2018, 06:53 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default RV maintenance software

Is anyone using a desktop or online maintenance log software ? Knowing myself, i would be more likely to accurately keep track electronically versus writing in a log. Besides, in a month or 2 i wouldn't remember what i did, and wouldn't be able to read my handwriting
bwolfsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:24 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Excel spread sheet for repairs, maintenance and upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwolfsohn View Post
Is anyone using a desktop or online maintenance log software ? Knowing myself, i would be more likely to accurately keep track electronically versus writing in a log. Besides, in a month or 2 i wouldn't remember what i did, and wouldn't be able to read my handwriting

This helps keep me focused on the cost of things.. I just add to the list periodically. I keep actual receipts in a three ring notebook as well.

When you sell your RV... it pays to have this stuff... a record of what you did.
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:36 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
When you sell your RV... it pays to have this stuff... a record of what you did.
I know.. that's why i'm looking for something i will actually keep up with
Old 07-20-2018, 09:18 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Default Excel is easy and it will probably impress whoever is buying your rig....

Quote:
I know.. that's why i'm looking for something i will actually keep up with
How many people do you know who keeps every receipt ... and has a spreadsheet to show for it. Anyone who does this is meticulous and probably took care of their car or rig..

When I sold a few cars years ago for "top dollar" people were amazed that I had a record of everything.

It's worth doing... not just for the buyer, but, it will show you exactly what the return on your investment really is.

My overall advice is whatever rig, car, boat or vehicle... keep it at least 10 years... and use it. If you are not driving and enjoying it.. the cost per mile for what you paid will be the highest number.
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:35 PM   #5
Platinum Member

adventous,
I'm not disagreeing with you at all...
i agree...
i agree...
i agree...

what i'm looking for is any recommendations on electronic maintenance logs software so i can do what you are suggesting.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:51 AM   #6
Bronze Member

The most common answer is probably an excel spreadsheet.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:23 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fratermus View Post
The most common answer is probably an excel spreadsheet.
yeah.. i can do that.. i've been doing spreadsheets professionally since 1981. but i was thinking SOMEONE must have written an rv maintenance app..

maybe not...
Old 07-27-2018, 02:33 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
yeah.. i can do that.. i've been doing spreadsheets professionally since 1981. but i was thinking SOMEONE must have written an rv maintenance app..

maybe not...

I use an Excel spreadsheet. But if you want a maintenance tracking app there are many available that might suit your needs. Just search your favorite App Store for car/vehicle maintenance. I jus did a search in the Apple Store and found at least six that would work. Did see on that was RV specific.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:09 PM   #9

Quote:
I'm not using anything like this, but I did a quick look-up for "open-source" vehicle maintenance and came up with this - (I chose Linux, Mac & Windows versions of the software.) You might be able to find something here that meets your needs.

https://sourceforge.net/directory/os...le+maintenance

"Sourceforge" is a good clearing house of great Open-Source software and many times is FREE & Open-Source. And if you find a program that you like and the price is right, consider making a donation to the author(s) to show your appreciation for their efforts.

Cheers
Altster is offline   Reply With Quote