Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #41
Platinum Member

Default Google NEXUS?

Has any one seen or tried the Nexus from Google? I've seen it, touched it & heard good reviews. My Apple/Mac Guru in town has two of the 16gig & likes them as well or better than his iPad3 (for some uses & cost/benefit value). I ordered an iPad2 wifi & 3g from the Apple store. It came, I couldn't use it out of the box - not compatible w/my Old iBookG4.
Talked with Apple Tech support - not very helpful & I live over 100 miles from an Apple Store. And I am not very tech savy or patient with stuff that isn't easy out of the box (some assembly required - instructions in chinese).
So thinking about the Nexus next!??
AZ ADVenturist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #42
Bronze Member

Default Re: Tablet computers - Which ones and why?

Bought the wife an Ipad for her birthday, she loves it. I havent got to play with it much yet, but its great when you are traveling in the car.
poncho62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #43
Platinum Member

iPad traveling - that's what I had hoped for. BUT when they told me I HAD to subscribe to an iTunes acct Plus connect to my Old iBook
(not compatible) for apps. - they lost me. I wanted a stand-alone device primarily for email, surfing the web & to view this forum & a couple others, maybe an eReader. I don't listen to music & don't want a $500 mp3 player. So, maybe Nexus...!?
AZ ADVenturist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:16 AM   #44
Platinum Member

An iTunes account is free and is the medium from which you download and manage apps. You do not have to connect to Mac computer or any computer for that matter to use an iPad anymore. When it comes to apps, the numbers of them, the depth of choice, and the quality, there is simply nothing comparable.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #45
Bronze Member

We dont use a data plan with the iPad.....We have cellular internet at home (no high speed here)....Our modem can be taken in the car, we have a built in inverter......We just traveled across Canada in July using it.....had internet most of the time, some dead zones, but not much
poncho62 is offline   Reply With Quote