Old 03-02-2018, 09:00 AM   #11
Bronze Member

Being in the vehicle repair industry of such gadgets I would refrain from using these as I have had customers disappointed when I told them to throw them in the trash.

However if you want to benefit from such toys you first need a need. Shift points, Rpm Torque and horsepower curves etc. Faster 1/4 miles or 0-60 speed improvements and or better fuel economy.

Well a plug and play unit is going to hurt you and I don't care how much you spend or who sells it. You will either kill your catalytic converter, Transmission, engine and fuel economy plus factory warranty or extended warranty.

So whats a man or women going to do to satisfy that itch? Discuss with a qualified or preferably factory approved Tuner who is established and experienced to set you up for your specific needs. Then you will end up all around happy.

REV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:28 AM   #12
Platinum Member

Hi Rev, welcome to the forum!

Being in the industry and obviously been around tuner shops, you may be interested in this discussion that we had a bit ago, and is still in need of testing the changes made.

Any input would be appreciated, as no one here really has much experience in digging deep into the actual PCM detail programming.

An interesting point is that when i started the entire process I talked to most every tuner shop I could find both locally and remotely, and none of them had any real experience in the kind of changes that we were looking for. I was kind of surprised at that, but I do understand that 99%+ of tunes are for other reasons than we have. That is when I decided to give it a try myself.

booster is online now   Reply With Quote