Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2016, 05:45 AM   #1

Question 2005 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser vs 2016 Winnebago Travato

Hi -

I'm new to this forum - looking to purchase a van for extended travel - probably a month at a time. I am looking for a van under 22' that will sleep at least 3 with 2 separate sleeping areas as I will be traveling alone but will have friends join me from time to time and want privacy for us both. The only one I see that seems to fit the bill is the Travato and I want to 2016 because of the Trumi hot water system. I was hoping to keep the cost below $60K and the best price I can see on this is about $70K. I do see a 2005 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser which has been modified with a sofa bed up front. I like this unit because it has an elevated bed in the back so had LOTS of storage which would be good for extended trips. I also like the diesel as it gets better mileage but is is 11 years old with over 70K miles and no longer made, so I wonder about repairs and parts. I don't really have mechanical skills. Does anyone have information about that vehicle? The cost of $45K is much better but seems high for an 11 year old vehicle and I have not been able to find much information. Is it worth the extra $$$ for the newer Travato? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
greatpuck is offline   Reply With Quote