Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2020, 03:48 PM   #41
Platinum Member

if a check ball is used, a trick which will sometimes unstick a stuck check ball is to apply a massager/vibrator to the body of the - in this case- pump

that can knock off any hard water mineral deposits and allow the check ball to seat and seal

it only takes a few minutes to try before we start tearing stuff apart

this can also help to move sticking gunk from a kitchen drain P trap to the main drain

or a sticky carburetor float

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 12:23 AM   #42
Bronze Member

Hello (bonjour) (Bounjourno) .. am NEW 2 this post .. as a new member i am here 2 aquire info .. on CLASS B UNITS .. THANX
Old 09-25-2020, 03:35 PM   #43
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsg View Post
(No matter which way we turn our city "red by-pass valve" in the cubbie, it fills the fresh water tank in both positions.) I don't think it's suppose to do that. Thank you for reading my post and hopefully someone will have a solution for me.
I haven't connected to city water yet, only used the tank, but I don't recall the previous owner showing me a "bypass" valve? Would that apply to a 2007 Pleasure Way? I don't want to screw anything up by connecting to water. Thanks!
IWUGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 04:34 PM   #44
Platinum Member

I have a 2006 PW Lexor and do not have to select any valves or etc when switching from "hose water" to "tank water" ...just turn on the pump for the latter.
You pump is in the armoire under the carpeted base, just pull it up if you ever need to get to it.

( if stored dry, you can also prime the pump by connecting to hose water and running through the lines...which I do before each trip, clean my fresh water tank and run clean water through all systems- this will prime your pump too)

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:16 PM   #45
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
I have a 2006 PW Lexor and do not have to select any valves or etc when switching from "hose water" to "tank water" ...just turn on the pump for the latter.
You pump is in the armoire under the carpeted base, just pull it up if you ever need to get to it.
Perfect! Thanks.
IWUGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 07:53 PM   #46
Platinum Member

Wow - I was doing a web search and accidentally came across my own post from five years ago. It's now 2022 and I've put thousands of miles on my rig. I don't think there's a single system that I haven't done something to at this point and feel like a real expert! I've replaced all the cushions, seats, WALLs and door coverings. I've remounted the water tank, replaced tubing, you name it. I've even replaced the isolator and internal power supply. It's running great!
Recently the little right-angle intake tube inside of the water heater popped off, but I've ignored it. I may someday replace that heater, but it seems to be fine at the moment.
I'm still very much impressed with the build quality. I wasn't at first - but then I started looking at newer models and realized those Canadians knew what they were doing!
VTPete is offline   Reply With Quote