Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2015, 09:33 PM   #1

Default Alaska Rialta Newbee

Hi! Dick Cruse here, New proud owner of a 1999 HD with only 20 K on the odometer. Runs like a top, BUT has a few issues. Can anyone offer help with where the jack and lug wrench should be stored(located)? Cruise control,remote mirrors and dash heater temp control not functional. I have turned on heat by reaching under the dash ond opening the mixer control. History on this Rialta is it was purchased by 83 y/o couple in New Mexico in 99, wife became ill and Rialta went into storeage till 2 years ago. Purchased by retired teacher two years ago who put 10 K on it in two years then sold to me this month with 20K total.

I would like to put new decals on so any advice on removal of old decals and locating new will be appreciated. Would also like to raise the front a few inches. I raised the back by inflating the air bags. Thanks for any help.

Dick Cruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Hi Dick

welcome in our group !!

1) the Rialta being stored for so many years might have been visited by mices and such rodents ,,,,causing some chewed up wires ….hope not

If not, might be just oxidation on the connectors …….play around with most of them ( unplug/plug several times )

because no way that some wires have cut by themselves …..

2) In my Rialta the jack & lug wrench was in the back storage compartment , but some told me it was under the bed ….So you stire it at your convenience ….

I have stored it in the back compartment in an old pair of woolen socks ( no noise ) ……And I keep a torque wrench instead of the original lug wrench ( quite useless )

3) as for the decals …….patience is the main thing here

Use an hair dryer a good quality plastic scraper try slowly at first ,,then youll get use to it ….

at some point, googone will take the remaining glue away ,,,but you might have to use an eraser type of grindind wheel at some points ( be carefull)

4) to raise the front end , the torsion bars are ajustable ,,,but dont expect two inches ….maybe 1.5″ at best

when on a lift to do the torsion bars & oil change ,,,,,,look at the floor …..if it sitted undoor on the gorund for a long period of time ,it might have detriorate

Dan

Old 09-15-2015, 04:29 PM   #3

Good morning Dan, thanks for the great welcome andsage advice. No mice or rodents but it appears the connections may be tarnished. The scanner has not fired up on engine start several times but unplugging it and replugging turns it on each time. Do you know where I would find a complete set of graphics? I really love this RV, interior is like new and engine drive line like a new car..........Have tested it for 1500 miles in the last two weekends. At this point I cant get enough. Thanks Dick P/S Do you know what tail lite is used on our rv.?

Old 09-16-2015, 03:56 AM   #4
Silver Member

I believe the 1998-1999 ish Ford Ranger tail lights are used

Robert

rtsukijima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:50 PM   #5
Platinum Member

for the wiring harness graphics : http://www.rialtainfo.com/

yes the taillights are form a ford Ranger around 1999

Dan

Old 09-16-2015, 08:13 PM   #6

Wow, Thanks for the great info guys...........Have a great week, Dick

Old 10-28-2015, 02:12 AM   #7

Dick Cruse said:

Hi! Dick Cruse here, New proud owner of a 1999 HD with only 20 K on the odometer. Runs like a top, BUT has a few issues. Can anyone offer help with where the jack and lug wrench should be stored(located)? Cruise control,remote mirrors and dash heater temp control not functional. I have turned on heat by reaching under the dash ond opening the mixer control. History on this Rialta is it was purchased by 83 y/o couple in New Mexico in 99, wife became ill and Rialta went into storeage till 2 years ago. Purchased by retired teacher two years ago who put 10 K on it in two years then sold to me this month with 20K total.

I would like to put new decals on so any advice on removal of old decals and locating new will be appreciated. Would also like to raise the front a few inches. I raised the back by inflating the air bags. Thanks for any help.

traut2@gci.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:18 AM   #8

traut2@gci.net said: I also have a 99 HD, bought in Tucson 3 years ago and have been up and down the ALCAN 4 times now. I am from Palmer and love our Rialta, we get 22-23 mpg have lived in it about 6 months, have put on about 30K miles on it, and runs great. The money we saved on motels and food has paid for the RV. We store the jack in the back. Our cruise control doesn't work either. Been in Seward for the 4th last year parked next to a Rialta from Eagle River.
Dick Cruse said:

traut2@gci.net is offline   Reply With Quote