Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2010, 12:51 AM   #1

Default BOUGHT MY 2005 RIALTA HD

Well I went and picked up the 2005 Rialta HD that I was looking at. It was everything the seller said it was. 2045 miles on the odometer. The interior still had that new car smell. The ice cube trays in the freezer still had the plastic wrap on them and the generator had 1/10 hour on the hour meter. During the 600 mile drive home we had a chance to test out the different functions and most everything works. The only trouble we had was the headlights. While we were driving down the highway at night we had an occasion to turn on the high beams. When we did ALL the lights went out, head lights, dash lights tail lights running lights everything. When we hit the high beam switch again everything came back on. Made for an interesting few seconds. Anyone have any insight into this problem? The rest of the coach was great and looked like new. The generator started and ran fine. Now all I have to do is get this headlight thing worked out.

chkorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:21 AM   #2

Default BOUGHT MY 2005 RIALTA HD

I have this same problem with the '97 that I just bought. When I clicked the high beams my headlights went out... pretty scary. My cruise control does not work either. I thought maybe I needed a new turn signal assembly. Did you resolve the problem?

barbroche is offline   Reply With Quote