Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2019, 09:10 PM   #1

Default Buying a Travato G vs GL

I'm considering purchasing a Travato 59 G versus a GL. Does anyone have an opinion of whether to get the lithium battery, or not?
rainsbow road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:15 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsbow road View Post
I'm considering purchasing a Travato 59 G versus a GL. Does anyone have an opinion of whether to get the lithium battery, or not?
The GL power system is remarkable and makes the coach largely independent of any shore side support. The batteries are warrantied for 8 years. Go for it. You only live once.

Before choosing between the GL or the KL, I would inspect both to see which version is a better fit for you.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:18 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsbow road View Post
Welcome to the forum rainsbow road!

More previous discussion here:
http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...ator-8374.html
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 12:13 PM   #4
Bronze Member

We debated the same quandary when we bought our K. We went with the standard unit. With the up charge to purchase the L and with living in the frozen North, I didn't think the L would be a good fit for us. I justified it to myself (and more importantly to my wife!) by promising to always stay at places with 30 amp service or a hotel if it gets just to dang hot to boondock. $20K buys a lot of hotel rooms and campground stays.

On the Facebook group Travato Owners and Wannabes, an early adopter of the L, did a series of PDFs on the operation of the L unit. If you haven't already read them, it might be worth your time and help you decide on which model. From what I've read on comment, the PDFs are extremely helpful and well done.
Chris Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lithium battery, travato, travato 59g