Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #1

Default Can't decide on Rialta

Hello all. I have never had an rv and am a single female 60yo. I have a deposit down on a 1996 Rialta vw with 100,000 miles on it. I have been worried about getting parts for it. The previous owner has the driver's side mirror with tape because he could not find a replacement. He went with a different water pump because he could not find one from VW also I am concerned that I will not be able to find a shop to work in it. Any help would be great.

DC White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:45 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Hope you decided on the Rialta! Yes you can get all the parts for it still. Best and easiest to go to an official VW dealer. Make sure they have the lift strong enough to lift the Rialta. Not all VW dealers can do this. Winnebago Parts . com also has most things Winnebago related parts but VW will have Eurovan mirrors, etc. Sounds like the seller just didn't know where to go.

CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #3

I did buy a Rialta but not the one I saw before. I purchased a 2000 HD with 57,000 miles. I found a VW dealer not to far away who fixed a number of problems. Then I took it to an RV place and spent more but I got it for a good price so it is not too bad. The worst news is that what I thought was an Onan generator turned out to be a weird concoction of stuff that sorta works but is VERY NOISY I don't know if the unit can be replaced or how much it will cost. Any info from anyone who has done this????

DC White is offline   Reply With Quote