Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default city water hook up

1995 rialta qd

when I turn on the water pump it cysles every 45 seconds or so. It runs for just a couple of seconds. Also when the pump is in the on position and it is doing the above cycling water drips out of the city water hook up junction. Is that normal ?

abaniki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:12 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default city water hook up

The cycling of the water pump means there is loss of water pressure. The pump should run and stop after pressure is built up. The leaking of the city water inlet is where you problem is. Try pushing in on the little knob inside the city water inlet, there may be a piece of trash stuck there and keeping the valve from fully closing. Just make sure there is little water prssure when you do this or pressure will keep you from pushing in.

mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:34 PM   #3
Gold Member

Hi,
I just tried to hook up to city water (at home) only to find water is being blocked somehow entering the RV? I have looked for a shut off valve but can't find one, the fresh water fill and water flow works fine, I have heard that there is a problem sometimes with the inlet valve itself, any help suggestions would be much appreciated. 2008 Pleasure way Plateau TS
Thanks
Old 10-23-2017, 04:15 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I am not familiar with your model, but you might want to check to see if you have a fine-gauge debris screen somewhere in the transmission line. If you do, it might be gunked up. Believe it or not, those can get fouled to the point where they block water flow.

Here's what ours looked like (this being on the fresh water tank line, not the city line). We didn't generate the poor maintenance conditions that led to this. We bought our rig used, and it came like this. I shudder to think what had been in those lines.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:35 PM   #5
Gold Member

Thanks for the response, our rig was also purchased used but all maintenance has been kept up to a high standard but this just might have been over looked and could very well be the problem (fingers crossed) as the inlet valve has a mess screen which I did not actually inspect.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:32 PM   #6
Platinum Member

This is the strainer mounted on the fresh water tank pressurized inline after over 3 years and many refiils.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZGR10262.jpg (333.2 KB, 10 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:47 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Yyyyup, it looks like that because George designed, built, and took care of his van. We bought ours second-hand. I have a sinking feeling that the previous owner may have on-loaded pond water or something, because we sucked scum load after scum load after scum load out of that tank when we first got it. Cleaning the little strainer became de rigueur before each trip, or we knew we'd be plugged. And the only way to generate stuff like that is to have an organic matter load, which will not come from tap water. Ugh. I'm just glad it's behind us now.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Yyyyup, it looks like that because George designed, built, and took care of his van. We bought ours second-hand. I have a sinking feeling that the previous owner may have on-loaded pond water or something, because we sucked scum load after scum load after scum load out of that tank when we first got it. Cleaning the little strainer became de rigueur before each trip, or we knew we'd be plugged. And the only way to generate stuff like that is to have an organic matter load, which will not come from tap water. Ugh. I'm just glad it's behind us now.
Thank you,

Your strainer has a brown color deposit, my guess would be that it is from iron sediment.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote