Old 12-01-2019, 06:05 AM   #1

Default Hello 1977 Dodge B200 Xplorer

Hello. I just became owner of a 1977 Dodge B200 Maxivan Xplorer conversion. I used to build camper vans of a sort back in the 70's. Went to a van show , caught the bug and here we go. This particular van /camper I purchased promises to be a challenge. It has real rust out issues in a few difficult areas , and the ugliest wiring I have ever seen. LOL. I've got my work cut out for me. What is wrong with me? I'm not the only person I know asking that question LOL. I'm going to do my best and look for for as much good electrical information on this van as I can find. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks for the welcome mat in these forums. I'm glad I found you!

fiestygnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:13 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum!

Xplorer's are well regarded, but at 42 yrs. old (and yes the old ones rusted), you definitely have your work cut out for you. You sound like you can handle it, though. Just make sure the rust has not taken too big a toll on the frame and suspension.

My parents owned two back in the 70's and 80's. A 1974 and a 1982 if I recall correctly. They let us borrow the '82 a few times and I credit that exposure for us finally get our own class b. It only took us 35 years.

Post pics and let us know how it goes. Good luck.

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Xplorer's are well regarded, but at 42 yrs. old (and yes the old ones rusted), you definitely have your work cut out for you. You sound like you can handle it, though. Just make sure the rust has not taken too big a toll on the frame and suspension.

My parents owned two back in the 70's and 80's. A 1974 and a 1982 if I recall correctly. They let us borrow the '82 a few times and I credit that exposure for us finally get our own class b. It only took us 35 years.

Post pics and let us know how it goes. Good luck.
Thanks. Some of my friends are into restorations of classic cars. I'll have some experienced help and even more experienced razzing from these guys. I'll send pics soon. The Good The Bad and The Ugly.
fiestygnome is offline   Reply With Quote