Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2015, 11:11 PM   #1

Default Hello Everyone

My wife and I recently (3weeks) purchased a 2016 PW Lexor. We downsized from a GT335 class A. We are taking it on our first trip this weekend to visit family. Thats one of the many reasons we downsized. We both come from large families and a Class B would allow us to visit more frequently. Our kids are in the military, so we can follow (haunt) them too.
We have been RVing for about 4 yrs now and love it.

Tim n Tina
NY
TNT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:29 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome! It must be a big change going from a A to a B, but I hope you enjoy it.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:40 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Check out these groups on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ClassBCamperVans/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/76503857041/

And this forum:

Ram Promaster Forum

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:48 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Yes, welcome

Lithium batteries were an option on the 2016 models. If you got that you'll have to let us know if it works well for you. Also, I'm curious to know if the on demand hot water works well. Maybe you can give us an update when you had a chance to use it all.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:12 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo View Post
Yes, welcome

Lithium batteries were an option on the 2016 models. If you got that you'll have to let us know if it works well for you. Also, I'm curious to know if the on demand hot water works well. Maybe you can give us an update when you had a chance to use it all.
What marco said...

Old 11-13-2015, 10:56 PM   #6

Yeah, I am curious about the on demand hot water as well. We have only used it once and I must admit I was very surprised how quickly the water got hot. Had dial set at midway. I am a little worried we will go through alot of LP using it. I liked having elec/lp in our other rigs. Nice to use campground elec when needed.

We do have 2 lith batt and the standard 95w solar panel. I like the solar charger panel, state of charge, amps from panel to batt, and current batt volt. We plan on doing alot of drycamping, so I hope it works out.

I will continue to post updates if interested. So far:

Furnace works GREAT and is much quieter than I thought it would be.
LED lights and multiplex panel are GREAT
Bed is pretty comfortable. We will see how it breaks in.
Water pump is not loud when using kitchen sink or toilet, HOWEVER, it is very loud when using the bathroom sink. Seems to be struggling. I went to clean the aerator,, SURPRISE, its all one piece molded plastic faucet. Cant remove aerator. Toilet is nice. We prefer ceramic toilets. Always upgraded our previous rigs. Glad this one already has it.
Swivel seats - NICE
Awning - Nice - BUT I am concerned how it will hold up. Seems a little fragile.
LOVE DRIVING IT and being able to park ANYWHERE - big change from the class A.
LOVE the gas milage. I will report on that more as we use it. We bought the rig with 38mi, and have 350 on it now...getting it home.

Anyway,, thanks for the kind welcome.
Tim
Old 11-13-2015, 11:58 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Tim

I thought that PW did not have swivel front seats. Is it just the passenger seat that swivels?
Old 11-14-2015, 12:24 AM   #8

Cruise
Both seats swivel. That was a MUST HAVE for us. Couldnt imagine a class b without having another place to sit. The Drivers side swivels, but is useless for the most part given the space restrictions. The Passenger side swivels nicely. Its a far drop to floor when swiveled 180 deg. At 90 deg, your feet rest on the front cab floor nicely. We have already purchased a lapdesk and it will be a perfect place to use computer while the other is on the couch napping/watching tv,etc.
TIP - there are two release latches on the front of the seat near base. One releases the backrest and the other releases the swivel. Dealer was unaware and we couldnt figure it out. Had to call PW. They instructed us on where on how to use it. You have to kinda look for them.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:11 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Thanks Tim,

It's great that you are enjoying your new rig! I hope that the lithium work well for you, too

Cruisefx
Old 11-16-2015, 05:11 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisefx View Post
Tim

I thought that PW did not have swivel front seats. Is it just the passenger seat that swivels?
Nice change if PW has it. Their website says NO to the swivel; maybe needs updating.

So maybe the Lexor gets swivel seats and the Ascent (MB 2500) loses them. Al there other models are based on MB 3500s and MB says swivel seats will be available on 3500s.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:04 PM   #11
Platinum Member

If you look at the PW video I posted on the Lexor, you'll see they mention (and show briefly) a display panel that will show the battery SOC. I would be interesting to know exactly how that is working and what it's showing.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:54 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
I would be interesting to know exactly how that is working and what it's showing.
The panel in the video looks like the "30 Amp Digital Solar Controller" (GP-PWM-30) on the GoPower site. You can download the manual there, but looking briefly through it, it only has settings for Flooded, AGM and Gel baterries. So maybe GoPower has a new controller to work with the Lithiums on the PW? Or not? :roll eyes:

FYI - according to PW site, Lithiums (Eco-Ion) are now standard
Old 11-16-2015, 07:26 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Hello Back,

As you see you are a guinea pig and many of us are interested in how newer features work out for you.

My Lexor TD is 10 years old now, we've had for a year.

it is great. surpasses expectations- I hope your experience is the same.

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:38 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobB View Post
The panel in the video looks like the "30 Amp Digital Solar Controller" (GP-PWM-30) on the GoPower site. You can download the manual there, but looking briefly through it, it only has settings for Flooded, AGM and Gel baterries. So maybe GoPower has a new controller to work with the Lithiums on the PW? Or not? :roll eyes:

FYI - according to PW site, Lithiums (Eco-Ion) are now standard
That's not the one I was referring to. There is an LCD panel on one of the multiplex wiring switch panels. It gives tank levels and other information, including battery SOC.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:44 PM   #15
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
That's not the one I was referring to. There is an LCD panel on one of the multiplex wiring switch panels. It gives tank levels and other information, including battery SOC.
This one above the thermostat in the middle of the RV? (about 10:20 into the video) Yes, would be nice to know more about how that works.

TNT88 - Can you tell us more about this? Maybe even scan/post from your manual?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PW BatteryLevel.jpg (171.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 11-17-2015, 01:55 AM   #16

MK - glad to hear your enjoying your Lexor. Excited to use ours more.

We used it this past weekend. Just a 1 nighter, unplugged. The batt level never went below 99%. Impressive considering how much the furnace ran. Northern NY, temp in the 30s overnight. Lights and TV ran from sundown till bout 10pm. Didnt use pump, already winterized. Myself, wife and our 19 year old daughter slept very comfortable on the queen bed. Cracked a window for fresh air, turned Tstat down to 50. Slept great. Maybe a hard days work had something to do with it. We went to an old fashioned barn raising.

Bob - I will post some pics of the charge controller during daylight hours.

Not much of a shakedown trip, but we got to use it. Wife is VERY happy with it. I think the swaying and rolling of the class A bothered her.

One additional thought. We used the 3 piece insulated cab window covers designed specifically for the promaster. They were a little pricey but well worth the cost. I think they had alot to do with keeping it warm inside.

Tim
Old 11-17-2015, 03:10 AM   #17
Platinum Member

Tim, what 3 piece covers are you talking about?

Old 11-17-2015, 03:25 AM   #18
Platinum Member

WGO is supplying a new style of covers - they come from a company called Covercraft. I haven't had a chance to unfold and use them yet - they appear to be insulated and blackout - unlike the mousefur covers they used to supply.

I had ordered a front window cover for my old van based on the reporting by FitRV on their prototypes of these covers, but I didn't get a chance to use that either. So I'll be selling that one I guess.

http://www.covercraft.com/cartlink/i...-tab-customize
Old 11-17-2015, 01:22 PM   #19
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT88 View Post

Bob - I will post some pics of the charge controller during daylight hours.
Thanks. I think others are interested, too, in how it works, particularly what the settings are telling you, how you change what the settings show, i.e. how it operates. If you have the time, a quick scan of pertinent parts of the operating manual would help

There are many others more electrically "proficient" than me, who may have more specific questions on its operation. Wincrasher?
Old 11-17-2015, 03:13 PM   #20
Platinum Member

We all know how the solar controller works - the manual is online. It should be charging above 14 volts - ideally 14.4 to 14.6 for lithium, but I doubt it does in a constant amperage mode. The manual looks like it's a standard flooded/agm/gel battery charger and all that entails. If you are topped off, it should be showing the float voltage. Some makers say float at 13.6, and some say no float at all. If you really want to do a test, run your batteries down and see what voltage you get solar charging and if they ever top off. I suspect the solar will never reach 14.6 volts.

http://gpelectric.com/files/gpelectr...-PWM-30_vD.pdf

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

The other panel is what we are interested in. What it's showing for battery state and voltage going into it from the 110v charger, etc. I suspect it's rather dumb, as I believe in the FitRV video, he says is shows 95% until it's depleted. In line with what me and ptourin have found with our DIY lithium setup.

From what I saw at Hershey, they should be using the Progressive Dynamics Lithium charger - 9245AL. They are probably using the standard GoPower solar charge controller, which I'm not sure is a good or bad thing, as the solar will never fully charge the batteries and enter float mode.