Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Hello from Casa Grande, Arizona. Just joined the site!

Hi! My name is Paul. I am in the process of selling my current rig (2008 32' Forest River Lexington) to finally get what I should have gotten; the Rialta. So, as soon as this is gone I am hoping to find a low mileage 2003-2005 Rialta HD. The irony of all of this is the actual list of facts (realities) that I discovered struggling with my Lexington. First of all - too big for sporty and fun spur-of-the-moment trips. Then the list goes on. My Lexington's 3 sleeping areas are actually inferior in size and useless. Yet I am hauling an extra 8 foot of rig with a back bedroom for what? Turns out the Rialta dinette (in the HD) expands to 79 inches long! I am 5' 11" and my heels hit the end of the bed in my rig. My current dinette and sofa are much too short to sleep on. I had to sleep on my dinette last trip and my heels were resting on the arm of the sofa next to it! So, luxury, sliedouts, and length don't win out over superior space design of the Rialta. Also, it would be nice to get better than 8 mpg.

Turns out the Rialta Bath/Shower is BIGGER than what I now have. There is more elbow room for showering and one can actually go into the Rialta Bath, undress, etc. with the door closed. I am only 174 lbs and I have to leave the door open in order to bend over or maneuver in the Lexington. There's more! I can "squeeze" 3 people on my sofa currently. The front seats don't swivel and there is no barrel chair. I can't get rid of the table at the dinette so that isn't comfortable either. In the Rialta? I can put the table away, seat 4 in the lounge area, seat one in the barrel, and swivel the captain's chairs around and seat 2 more!

Of course, you guys know all this stuff. I probably sound like a salespitch for these things. I have driven a 2005 Rialta on an extensive test drive and was very pleased. I also owned a 2007 Itasca Navion for a year. So, finally I will get back down to earth, get the Rialta (very soon I hope) and keep you posted on my adventures.

I have family in San Diego but the thought of taking my current rig there is so costly that I may as well charter a private jet. Since 1992 (my first RV'ing days) I have had so much joy hopping into a rig and going until I went into the "bigger is better" ether of fooling myself. It will be nice to stretch out in comfort, shower withouth bruises, and retain privacy in that awesome "spaceship" of a design of the bathroom. I think the telescoping walls grabbed the gadget loving kid in me! I also love to cook in my RV and have people in for nice dinners. When I had my 1983 24' Brougham (Hawkins Motor Coach) I could seat 7 for that and I will once again be able to do that in the HD. I am hoping to find one with that optional lower "real" oven because I love baking, roasting, and broiling food much better. So, I hope I haven't come off like a lunatic, just have a lot of appreciation for these and those of you who share that. FINALLY, I can plan to hop in and go far and not suffer the fear of gas guzzling bankruptcy.

Last thing I want to say is to encourage more people on here to participate and write. I am very lonely out here in the desert and hope to make some new friends with shared interests! Let's keep up the steam and support this site!

Thanks all!

Paul Riesland (look me up on Facebook or mySpace too!)

CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
D0N
Bronze Member

Welcome Paul !

This place is a little slow because all the older folks are stuck in the 90's and reuse to come here from the awkward to use yahoo groups.

Let us know when you find the perfect rialta!

I agree with you about how great it is for spur of the moment trips. We use our rialta for daily use a lot too. It's so easy to drive, park and use.

CYA

-Don

PS if we keep posting, it'll have to get busier!

D0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
D0N
Bronze Member

Hey Paul did you find the perfect Rialta yet?!

D0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:06 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Hi Don, belated as this answer is, yes! I found a 1999 HD with the lower oven! I have been long delayed in posting here to update all the latest since purchasing my rig. I bought it in Florida just a few months after my initial posting on here. It really has been everything and more than I had expected. I am most impressed by the quality and rattle free sturdiness of the coach. The VR6 engine is amazingly quiet. It feels like being in a well built jet. The gas mileage makes all the difference in any decisions about going somewhere. I seem to use the Rialta for more everyday use at times because it is such a pleasure. I take it grocery shopping, to events instead of packing 4 or 5 people in a car, and just for fun! I think the one item that blew me away the most was the motoraid water heater and automotive heater. I thought, at best, that the faucet water would be a lame luke warm. The first time I tested it, I about jumped out of my skin and actually burned my fingers pretty bad. I could have made coffee with that water as it was 190 degrees with clouds of steam!

So, I will keep my eyes peeled on this site and try to contribute as best I can.

All the best,

Paul

CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:07 AM   #5

Hi Paul, we have communicated on here under maintenance, you have an extreme knowledge and always there to help us. I have a 2002 Rialta HD and have an issue with engine light. The code is P0441. Are you familiar with this?

We winter in Quartzsite Arizona and just love it down there and can't wait to go back.

Cheers,

Wayne

Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Here is the URL site with the fault code.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki.....441/001089

mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote