Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2017, 03:24 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Hello from Nor Cal

Hi everyone. New guy checking in... I did a lot of camping in a old converted Dodge van as a kid. 30 years later, and I'm still chasing the dream.

About me: like a lot of returning newbies, I'm enjoying the vast research on my new purchase. I've narrowed down my search to Roadtrek, Pleasure-way, Hymer, and maybe Winnebago. Currently debating all aspects of Sprinter vs. Promaster (sound familiar?). I look forward to learning and sharing information with all of you. Thanks again.
JakeyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 11:07 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome! When I was a kid, my dad set up bunk-cots in his dodge van with a box of food under one end and a box of dishes and a hot plate under the other. With a pair of lawn chairs for sitting around the fire, we were set!

You've got your bases covered with your potential selections and the folks here are very generous with their knowledge.

Let us know what you decide.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:49 AM   #3
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebe3 View Post
Welcome! When I was a kid, my dad set up bunk-cots in his dodge van with a box of food under one end and a box of dishes and a hot plate under the other. With a pair of lawn chairs for sitting around the fire, we were set!

You've got your bases covered with your potential selections and the folks here are very generous with their knowledge.

Let us know what you decide.
Thanks, Phoebe3!! Truth be told, I am a lifetime camper at heart. I love class B's ... Because you live out of them. I'm at a point in my life where I'd like to see how living out of such a rig for months would work out. Meh, I'm a dreamer at heart. I'm a bit of a minimalist. I got a paid off home base.. So I just want to explore. I've always loved all categories of RVs, but class B vans gives me the opportunity to go anywhere. A man can dream, right?? Safe travels
JakeyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 04:34 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Welcome aboard. With your B, you can run those Backroads, visit small towns and enjoy a relaxed world of true fun. Ron