Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-09-2018, 03:01 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2
Default Hello from Ohio

I am new to the forum and I am researching B's to see if I want to go that small. Currently have a Class A, a 40' 2005 Holiday Rambler, and have it listed for sale on RVTrader.com. Being 6'4" tall, most B's are a little tight for me. Looking for something with a good size bed and good interior height (6'4" or more). I know the wet bath will be small but I think I can deal with that. Any suggestions would be helpful. Even looking at having something custom built.

Thanks, Ron Prater
__________________

rkprater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:54 PM   #2
Platinum Member
 
goreds2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oh - H - Eye - OH
Posts: 180
Default

Welcome fellow Ohioan.

Maybe a van that has a pop up roof?



__________________

__________________
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C (B+ ?) 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:16 PM   #3
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2
Default

Who makes this or did you make it yourself? I had one similar in 1977 when I bought a Ford camper van with a pop up top. It was made by a company called TEC.

Ron
rkprater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:34 PM   #4
Platinum Member
 
goreds2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oh - H - Eye - OH
Posts: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkprater View Post
Who makes this or did you make it yourself? I had one similar in 1977 when I bought a Ford camper van with a pop up top. It was made by a company called TEC.

Ron
I did not. Maybe view the youtibe video. I have not yet.
__________________
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C (B+ ?) 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:41 AM   #5
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkprater View Post
Being 6'4" tall, most B's are a little tight for me. Looking for something with a good size bed and good interior height (6'4" or more).
Ron,

We recently completed a DIY conversion of a ProMaster High Top 159" wheel base. We selected the ProMaster due to its interior size (including the Front Wheel Drive that provides a lower floor and slightly more interior length for a given overall vehicle length.

But more importantly, we went with this vehicle as we, too, are 6'4" and wanted headroom and a transverse bed - the ProMaster is a couple of critical inches wider than its competitors.

We used minimum flooring and ceiling (1/2" polyiso with 1/2" plywood on the floor and 1/8" luan against the ceiling joists [with insulation between joists] up top). We can hit our head, while standing, if we try - - but the reality is, we don't feel vertically constrained or challenged.

The transverse bed didn't work out quite as well due to the bed height selected. After application of the mattress (the thickness of which was a minor detail that we overlooked when doing our computations), the 'sleeping level' was just below the (added) CR Lawrence windows and, critically, smack against the horizontal ribs. This error cost us several inches. We're thinking of a 'redo' to recapture those lost inches . . . but even as is, we survive (no, can't quite stretch out completely, but then, we generally end up diagonal anyway).

Hope this is helpful.
Winston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:54 PM   #6
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 3
Thumbs up B's

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkprater View Post
I am new to the forum and I am researching B's to see if I want to go that small. Currently have a Class A, a 40' 2005 Holiday Rambler, and have it listed for sale on RVTrader.com. Being 6'4" tall, most B's are a little tight for me. Looking for something with a good size bed and good interior height (6'4" or more). I know the wet bath will be small but I think I can deal with that. Any suggestions would be helpful. Even looking at having something custom built.

Thanks, Ron Prater
We went from a 40' American Eagle to Roadtrek c2015p. We love it but neither of us are close to 6'
__________________

__________________
Gene & Betty
2015C190P
Mission TX & Monroeville OH
genecusano@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.