Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2017, 01:36 AM   #21
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobow View Post
I knew nothing about motor homes when I began my search. A friend of a friend researches and locates vehicles of all descriptions for folks. I hired him to search for a Road-trek at a 10% finders fee. I live in N. California and his search took several weeks.
He found a possible Rt in Oregon. It was a 1998 (this is in 2010) and he felt it was a perfect fit for me. Price was $20,000, 95,000 miles, two owners, no kids, & no pets. I gave him $20.000 cash and he drove to Oregon to check it out with his girlfriend. They returned with a beautiful 1998 Rt. The finder's fee of $2,000 was money well spent. See photo in link below.

This is just a suggestion in your search.

Class B Forums - Bobow's Album: Photos of Class B Motorhomes - Picture

Nice looking rig.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:20 AM   #22

Welcome, Tony! Best wishes and happy trails....
ahaynes66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:36 AM   #23
Platinum Member

Money well spent. Now let the good times develop and rolling right along. Ron
Old 02-13-2018, 06:12 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyLuca View Post
Greetings All!

It's time for me to get out and travel the country!

My lovely wife of twenty years, Laura, passed away in 2015 (no worries... Laura is FREE!!!). I was her primary caregiver (10 years? 15? A lot!) and pretty much relegated to the house for many years. I have since met a wonderful woman &, like me, we want to start a new life together and explore... while we still can

I have been researching Class B RVs and discovered this forum. I see I will find abundant experience and information here from friendly RVers.

Looking forward to a new experience.

Enjoy your day, your RV, your life!

Tony
North Atlanta area, Georgia, USA
We bought a 2018 Pleasureway Plateau TS from NIRVC in Lawrenceville, GA (flew there from AZ to pick it up). Great people - talk to Tony Morse. Pleasureway is no doubt in the top 3 of Class B's. Expensive, but almost idiot proof; and great quality. If I were to do it over again I'd probably look at a special order to try to get an upgraded chassis (if there are options such as parking assist sensors, upgraded radio/Nav system, Sirius radio, auto retracting side mirrors, a better back-up camera, etc). Seems like the Mercedes chassis features are what you'd find on a contractor's service vehicle. Enjoy your search and your travels!
Guthormsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:38 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthormsen View Post
). Seems like the Mercedes chassis features are what you'd find on a contractor's service vehicle. Enjoy your search and your travels!

Are the features you mentioned available on the 2017 Sprinter Chassis? My impression was that Pleasure Way beyond others, really fully loaded their Sprinters with safety features. (Though maybe Airstream goes further.) only exception being the radio which is the contractor appropriate default— and apparently a PITA to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Technomadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:24 PM   #26

If you are still looking, my Dad just passed last year from cancer so I send my condolences to you and your family.

My parents own a 1999 Rialta Classic 22Q.

Here is the listing.

http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...html#post75741

Feel free to inquire, hope you have a wonderful day.
darth.redav is offline   Reply With Quote