Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2019, 02:38 PM   #1

Default Hi/winter cover

Hi everyone, my wife and I just purchased a 2019 Pleasure Way Lexor FL on Monday. We live in upstate NY and are looking forward to 8-12 trips a year for our bucket list (Nashville, Florida, Grand Canyon, Mt. Rushmore, San Antonio, etc) along with short 1-2 day trips in the New England States.
Being it’s very cold in NY 3-4 months a year, I was wondering if class B “cold state” owners find a breathable RV cover valuable for snow, wind, ice conditions for the overall protection of their winterized coach while its parked in the driveway? Thank you.
Lee & Daphne
Deputydawg45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:47 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputydawg45 View Post
Hi everyone, my wife and I just purchased a 2019 Pleasure Way Lexor FL on Monday. We live in upstate NY and are looking forward to 8-12 trips a year for our bucket list (Nashville, Florida, Grand Canyon, Mt. Rushmore, San Antonio, etc) along with short 1-2 day trips in the New England States.
Being it’s very cold in NY 3-4 months a year, I was wondering if class B “cold state” owners find a breathable RV cover valuable for snow, wind, ice conditions for the overall protection of their winterized coach while its parked in the driveway? Thank you.
Lee & Daphne
Snow and cold won't hurt the van. The dust and grit that covers trap will. Best to leave it uncovered, unless you are talking about long periods in then Southern sun.

Also, crack a few windows and the roof vent just a bit to get some circulation.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:56 PM   #3
Platinum Member

When traveling, if you have the National Parks pass, try staying at Corps of Engineers parks for half price. There are several around the Nashville, TN area that are close to attractions.

MLogan
2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:25 PM   #4

Thank you for the info
Deputydawg45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:30 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Lee & Daphne
I have a cover that goes over the top of the RV, and about halfway over the windows..it is made by ADCO...love it...keeps rain/ice/sun from compromising the roof areas, etc. Also, can still get in and out of RV w/ cover on..recommend it!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D756EB07-92EA-4C37-B9C5-3D3CD1BE630D.jpg (337.0 KB, 17 views)
NFRicaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:15 PM   #6

You might consider joining the Facebook group for Pleasure Way. They may have some good advice for you. I live in Lake Tahoe and do not cover my class B over the winter. I read somewhere that a cover can trap grit and so forth and via the natural air movement from wind, etc. can damage the paint job. The suggestion from NFRicaS for a cover that just covers the top and a little of the sides sounds like a good compromise to protect the seals on the roof mounted equipment and to keep the leaves, etc. off of the roof. Congratulations on your new rig. Pleasure Way is an excellent choice.
Rico52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:41 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Lee & Daphne
I live in Iowa, have had Class B's for 12 years, and have never covered them. I haven't found the snow and ice to be a problem. The only issue I have is that I have to park under a maple tree, so my Class B's end up with maple sap on them during the summer. I also don't crack my windows during the winter as I don't want snow blowing in. I have read about putting a small tray of cat litter in the RV to absorb any moisture and odors, and I did do that a couple of years. I use my Roadtrek at Christmastime to camp at my sister's house, however, so it does get some use in the winter.

Pam
Pam G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:45 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRicaS View Post
I have a cover that goes over the top of the RV, and about halfway over the windows..it is made by ADCO...love it...keeps rain/ice/sun from compromising the roof areas, etc. Also, can still get in and out of RV w/ cover on..recommend it!!
I haven't seen a partial cover like that. Can you tell me what it's called? Is this a Roof Cover? Thanks!
Pam G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:28 PM   #9
Platinum Member

It is made by ADCO...#36030 Called a “Roof Cover”...look online, I got mine from Camping World, but you may be able to find them cheaper elsewhere..?
NFRicaS is offline   Reply With Quote