Old 10-12-2015, 01:43 PM   #131

Greetings. I purchased a run down 1992 Roadtrek Versatile and have been working on fixing things up and getting a few years life out of it. Excellent suggestions have been found on the site and will be incorporated as time permits. This RT is so my girlfriend and I can see how much we like the Class Bs. We will take it down to Florida in January if time permits..
cheers
dan

danfromcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:55 PM   #132

My wife and I have been dry camping for 10 years in a 17' camper trailer which I modified with an extra fresh water tank, 3 large marine batteries and 1000 watt inverter. We recently ordered a Roadtrek Zion to give us even more freedom to boondock around Canada and the US. Hoping to find remote areas to hike and explore as well as visiting unique villages to sample local cultures and foods.

gmcbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:16 PM   #133

Hey Karsty, Just signed up to this forum and stumbled on to your profile. In case you have forgotten you stayed at our Boondockers Welcome site in Bayfield this summer. We have sold our camper and ordered a Roadtrek Zion, so hope to be hitting the road soon. Hope all is well with you!
gmcbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:28 AM   #134

Hello All! Newbie green pea here, just purchased a high top 1993 Ford E-250 long distance- I haven't even seen it yet! But I will be home in a few weeks and ready to go to work getting it ready for a trip to Mexico hopefully, towing a sailboat.
In the meantime I've got some questions about batteries and what not, I look forward to learning more form the forum. Thanks!
eastbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:31 PM   #135

We have a 2016 Winnebago Travato 59G. from Columbia, SC. we have been RV'ing about 1 month and already taken two outings. Love the Truma - Combi WH/Heater and our solar upgrade.
robp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:18 AM   #136

Smile Dr. J.

Hi we are new to RV. Will receive our class b in January. We own a MZB 3500 Sprinter. We have a question? We want an alarm and camera to monitor our German Shepard and the van while away for a few minutes. We heard there are devices that send text to your cell if say there is an electrical problem and the ac shuts down. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Happy RVing.
Dr. J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:19 AM   #137

Smile Dr. J.

Hi we are new to RV. Will receive our class b in January. We own a MZB 3500 Sprinter. We have a question? We want an alarm and camera to monitor our German Shepard and the van while away for a few minutes. We heard there are devices that send text to your cell if say there is an electrical problem and the ac shuts down. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Happy RVing.
Dr. J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:39 PM   #138

Long time rv'ers 35+years. We use a coach about 25-30k miles per year for business. After owning 13 different motor coaches from class c's to 6 Prevost conversions, we thought, we would try a "b van". We choose a used 2011 pleasure way excel because of the quality of the fit and finish of the unit. We also wanted simplicity of equipment. To date we have used the van about 3000 miles. We use it as a day coach to travel, drive it everywhere, park it anywhere, then check into a 4 star hotel or bed and breakfast (wife got tired of keeping the inside of a 45 foot bus clean).The ride is comfortable (no squeaks or rattles) and mileage has surprised me 16.0-18.6 on reg 85 octane. Big Plus? Momma loves driving it. Priceless!
FLT RISK
FLTRISK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:14 AM   #139
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTRISK View Post
Big Plus? Momma loves driving it. Priceless!
FLT RISK
You got that!
7/16 Smoky Mountains and Biltmore Estate (1682 mi)
Rocketman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:31 PM   #140

Hi from John and Mimi, Cazenovia NY. Formerly camped in an Aliner. Mimi didn't like the lack the lack of facilities. Just bought a 2013 Roadtrek Agile and will take delivery on Monday. Just went to Acadia N. P. With a rental. Had a great time.

johncawley is offline   Reply With Quote