Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2018, 02:06 AM   #301

Default Hi, everyone

Hope this gets posted in its proper place. I'm from Georgia, researching Class B's for weekend excursions. I was an avid camper/hiker with Scouts when my husband and I were first married, but that was a LONG time ago, and tent camping lost it's thrill when my hips went Now that I'm by myself, except for my dogs, I was looking for a more convenient way to get more adventurous, into nature, looking at historical sites, just enjoying life. Big decisions to make.
Grammie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 01:41 PM   #302
Platinum Member

Welcome! I'd say for a single person, Class B is the way to go! Steep learning curve, though, so take the process slowly to be sure you get the the right one for you.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:48 PM   #303

Thank you -- when/if I can afford it, thinking I'm going with the Leisure Serenity. Besides my wanting to go by myself and stay overnight or two, it would also be good for long drives with my children and grandchildren. But it will take a while for me to find the right one, never mind afford it. Is it too big to start with?
Grammie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:22 PM   #304
Bronze Member

My husband Dennis and I are total novices into RVing. Bought a vintage ‘93 Coachmen M-19RB to dip our toes into the lifestyle. Two retirees wanting to travel while being able to spend time with our tripawd 10 year old lab mix “Miss Kitty” in what will likely be her last year (due to a diagnosis of osteosarcoma).

We will be doing cosmetic upgrades and will be keeping our eye out for a rear bed layout alternative.

We live in North Georgia and have the following destinations in mind:
- Pacific Northwest
- Maine
- Florida Keys
- Outer Banks
- Georgia Coast
- Florida Panhandle

We welcome all suggestions on learning the basic RVing How Tos, Renovations, Modifications, insights on our destinations and seasonal considerations.
Adriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #305
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammie27 View Post
Hope this gets posted in its proper place. I'm from Georgia, researching Class B's for weekend excursions. I was an avid camper/hiker with Scouts when my husband and I were first married, but that was a LONG time ago, and tent camping lost it's thrill when my hips went Now that I'm by myself, except for my dogs, I was looking for a more convenient way to get more adventurous, into nature, looking at historical sites, just enjoying life. Big decisions to make.
Did you take the plunge? We live in North Georgia and are just getting started with a vintage Class B Coachmen.
Adriana is offline   Reply With Quote