Old 10-18-2016, 03:19 PM   #261
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlyonaz View Post
Looking into a Winnebago 59G...considering the use of it as a daily driver. Concerned about the V6 though.
What is your concern about the V6?

BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:46 PM   #262
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlyonaz View Post
Looking into a Winnebago 59G...considering the use of it as a daily driver. Concerned about the V6 though.
Not sure what your concern about the V6 is, but...

I own a Travato G and love it. I Use it on and off as my daily driver (my other vehicle is 1997 Dodge B2500 Van, which we now refer to as the "mini van"). The Travato drives and handles better, and gets better gas mileage, and is unquestionably more comfortable and convenient. I'm guessing I will get more miles on it than the std van before its ready to be retired.. Im driving the Travato again today, as the old dodge is in the shop... On the other hand, the Travato cost me about 20 times what I paid for the used Dodge...

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01-IMG_4474.jpg (404.7 KB, 9 views)

Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 06:40 AM   #263

Hi all,

While researching the Winnebago Fuse I stumbled upon this forum and got great information prior to taking it for a test drive and buying it. I downsized from a 5th wheel toy hauler (a big sucker) as I was originally going to live in it while traveling around the US. Well the travel around the US part didn't happen but using it as a camp vehicle on weekend trips showed it was just bigger than I needed. The Fuse so far I am greatly impressed with and excited to start traveling in it. I should be retiring in a few more years and this should be an excellent size for anything I would do.

I look forward to getting caught up to what is happening on this forum and learning from all of you.

Dave
COFuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 02:24 PM   #264
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottbaldassari View Post
Not sure what your concern about the V6 is, but...

I own a Travato G and love it. I Use it on and off as my daily driver (my other vehicle is 1997 Dodge B2500 Van, which we now refer to as the "mini van"). The Travato drives and handles better, and gets better gas mileage, and is unquestionably more comfortable and convenient. I'm guessing I will get more miles on it than the std van before its ready to be retired.. Im driving the Travato again today, as the old dodge is in the shop... On the other hand, the Travato cost me about 20 times what I paid for the used Dodge...

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

That B2500 does look tiny. LOL

BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:03 PM   #265
Gold Member

We are a husband and wife DIY duo, owners of a 2007 Airstream Interstate living in Galveston County, Texas, although I'm originally from eastern Canada. My husband is a mechanical / aerospace engineer currently working as a Flight Controller for the International Space Station. My professional background and university degrees are in science and tech, and I have spent the past ten years developing and running my own industrial consulting business with specialization in environmental health and safety issues.

We are bloggers (The Interstate Blog currently hosted on the ancient Google-owned service known as Blogspot because I don't have the time or patience to learn WordPress), and heavy users of Air Forums for the past several years (I'm a "Rivet Master", whatever that means).

Lately I've been branching out because the DIY universe of Airstream Interstate owners seems fairly small and I want to learn more about what others are doing to modify their Class Bs. For this reason I joined Instagram several months back (@interstate.blog) so that I could follow more of the Vanlife culture and characters. I've also been poking around a few additional user forums.

Our many mods and tweaks are described on our blog, and we are in the middle of a huge lithium upgrade right now. Class B Forum has been really helpful because it has introduced me to some "new to us" DIYers who have built their rigs from the ground up. My husband and I realize now that we maybe shoulda built our own instead of buying a finished Class B two years ago, but we had no clue about that at the time. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Here's one of my favorite rig pics to date, taken in Gabarus Nova Scotia this past summer.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote

« LTV Wonder | Howdy! »