Old 05-15-2008, 03:17 AM   #21

Hi..we are a couple of retired "love to get away in the winter" travellers.
Altho' we have had 4 previous Class B campers, this "new to us" 1998 Pleasureway Ford Excel is luxury with the two showers.
The engine is easy on gas too so that is a bonus.

We have pretty much done the southern USA and Mexico, and will likely head back to the cradle of the revolution in Mexico again this winter.

The RV parks in Mexico are few and far between but boondocking has become an acceptable alternative.
Incidently, we never feel unwelcome or frightened in Mexico, all our experiences have been positive.

ambow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:39 PM   #22

Greetings to all from Don and Joyce in Kernville CA. We've been RVing for 30+ years and have covered most of the USA in TT's. We recently decided to downsize and purchased a 1994 Coachmen, in terrific shape, from an acquaintance. We're really excited about taking "Bruno" to many places we couldn't visit with the giant bread box trailing behind us.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:15 AM   #23
g1g
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy
Greetings to all from Don and Joyce in Kernville CA. We've been RVing for 30+ years and have covered most of the USA in TT's. We recently decided to downsize and purchased a 1994 Coachmen, in terrific shape, from an acquaintance. We're really excited about taking "Bruno" to many places we couldn't visit with the giant bread box trailing behind us.
What model Coachman do you have?
g1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:23 PM   #24

Not sure what the model is because we have manuals for all the equipment but nothing from Coachmen. Bruno is built on a Ford 250 Econo.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:27 AM   #25

Default Hi, new members from Conroe, TX

My husband and I are retired. We've bought a 2005 MB Cruiser/Diesel in 2006. RVing is a first for both of us. We have always loved to travel.
We enjoy reading the blogs, it provides great info on a variety of subjects. See you down the road.

texmb2005
texmb2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:23 PM   #26

Default Re: Introduce Yourself

Hello, newbie here, from N CA and now dividing my time between there and central TX. I sold my horse, trailer, and F250 truck a few months ago and now am shopping for an rv. For most of a year I have been considering a Casita pulled by a 4Runner, but recently have decided Class B is probably a better way for me to go. I travel regularly between CA and TX, by different routes, exploring as I go. Retired and looking forward to many adventures in my new (to me) Class B. That said, I will no doubt l have many questions for you all as I search for the perfect "B"! Happy trails, Di
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:39 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Good for you (for being the adventurous type)

I'm just north of Houston (Conroe, Tx) and happen to have an 05/06 Roadtrek 190 Versatile for sale, 24000 miles, in excellent condition. If interested, send a private message and I'll fill ya in on the specifics..
Whiskyecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #28

hi - n00b here.
i am new to camper world.
i just bought a ford e250 extended cargo van to convert to a stealth sleeper van.
i live in s.w. florida and i am glad to be here.
i am re-tired with limited funds. LOL
blkjak...

Old 09-17-2009, 02:45 AM   #29
Platinum Member

Hi-- I live in Montana and travel every winter. Have been traveling by van and motorcycle.
I've been researching and searching for a Class B for several months and I came across a 1996 Bigfoot Class B. I understand these are quite rare? It's very clean and only 35K miles. (!) I found it online in AZ and flew down to look it over. Made the deal of the century and drove it home a couple days ago.... I LOVE IT!!! I've never owned a Ford before-- very smooth running vehicle. In three days, I drove Rt. 93 about 1400 miles north through the mountains and got over 16 MPG. I'm happy with this mileage because I had a lot of weight on board.
The coach part: Very plush upholstery and window coverings. Nice whitewashed oak(?) woodwork.Loads of little cubbyholes, a full closet. A few design flaws re cabinets/doors and floor plan..... ( sorry Bigfoot), I wonder if they fixed them for 1997. I know the Bs didn't sell for them like their class Cs. But hooray for the enclosed toilet / shower!!!!
I'm very excited to have a "real" RV.... I never owned a generator, water heater and furnace before, so these are mysteries for me. And an outside shower! I'm heading for the beach in Baja!
I would love to meet other Class B owners in the MT-ID-WA area and I plan to be in SW and Mexico for January to March if any Class Ber's will be going south? and I am looking forward to any rallies coming up in 2010? Also, any other women motorcycle riders/ dual sport riders?
I was very glad to come across this forum when I was looking for info on the Bigfoot Class B. There is not much out there.
I hope to meet some of you on the road, and if you are passing through western Montana, stop by- I have parking, shade and an espresso bar..... Maren
shezonit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #30

We currently have a 1996 RoadTrek 210P built on the long Chevy chassis. This was the last year Chevy built this van G30. They introduced the Express Van chassis the next year.

For those who aren't familiar with this RT, it's very long (just under 22 ft) but has a long wheel base to go along with it. The front 2/3 inside looks like a regular RT Versatile included the 4 seats. The rear 1/3 looks like a RT Popular with the long front to back sleeping positions.

Since I still work, I can't use the van the way I'd like. We are travelers. Use use our RV for touring. That and for tailgating. I also have season tickets to Va Tech football games. This van makes a wonderful platform for tailgating, along with all the other folks who RV at the games. The group I tailgate with are a diverse group WRT their RV's. The center of the group (Clubhouse Tailgate.com) is built around an old Airstream TT and another TT. Many of the folks have large Class A's. Except for the space (important on a bad weather weekend) I'll take my B anytime. Sure was easier navigating thru down town Atlant in September going to the Georgia Dome.

We had a 1994 RT Independent built on a Dodge chassis. This one was just like a Versatile except it had a mini tub in it. Unfortunately, it burned up on I10 in Mississippi December 2004.

For a year after the '94 burned up, we had a TrailLite travel trailer. It was a very nice rig, but I found out quickly I didn't like pulling a trailer every where. If we were campers, we'd still have the trailer. It would be great for staying at camp grounds for days at the time.

But that's not what we do. The longest we've ever stayed at a camp ground is when we've gone to the Class B rallys or Bee Socials.

Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote