Old 10-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #61
Platinum Member

Default Re: Introduce Yourself

Welcome to all who have recently joined

Old 12-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #62
Bronze Member

Hello there. We are Michael and Jackie. We have 4 children and 5 grandkids. We are from Minnesota and still consider that home. I started playing with RV’s in the late 70’s. I went to tech school for two years for motorhome systems repair. My dad owned a used car/RV dealership back then. I got out of the RV service/shop management in the mid 80’s. My passion turned to the marine industry and had a decent career in boat rigging, service management, promotions and tournament fishing. My wife has been in the health care field as an administrator for most of her life. We now manage retirement communities for one of the largest companies in the country. Kind of long winded but that is how we got here, in Bloomington IN.

My first van was a 68 Chevy van totally custom with the orange shag carpet, rear bed, the works. Even a mural airbrushed on the side. “The Padded Cell”. Met Jackie in the van and brought her home to mom in it. Her mom did not like the first impression…. Anyway…. We have had 8 conversion vans over the years and 1 Class A Sportscoach. We are picking up our first true Class B tomorrow. A 1999 Leisure Travel with 32,000 miles. Our job gives us the time for a couple of 2-3 day trips a month and we love to travel.

I hope to post some of the mods I will be doing to the van and will answer any questions anyone might have. I read through some of the forums on this site and love it. This is going to be fun!!!

Old 12-31-2012, 01:03 PM   #63
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum Michael and Jackie A van with 32,000 miles on it is practically "new" to me. Sounds like a great find.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:23 AM   #64

Hello to all.
My names is Susan but Susie Q is my nickname. My sidekick riding buddy security guard dogs name is Little Bit but his nick name is the Bologna Dog lol. We have clocked over a million miles together all over the states in a semi but we are trading that work in for a slow stroll down the back roads. I will remain a resident of Tennessee but live wherever I park that day. I have been watching the big screen "windshield" and seen some beautiful sites sunsets and starry nights. The draw to get off the interstates and see where every little road takes me has finally won out. Yeah!
I have lurked studied read here for a while and was so very thankful for all this information being in one place. My greatest thanks yall who shared, helped, cared enough to log on and post!

I bought me a "B" finally Wednesday. Its a 1989 chevy c20, Falcon. It has a 350 fuel injected motor and 700 r transmission those seem to be very working very good. The roof ac works good on land power. It needs coach batteries, a genset, tires, new flooring so I have some work to make it ready for travel. My first planned trip is Oct 1200 miles. Goal is to be full timing by spring.
SusieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:14 AM   #65
Bronze Member

Unclebob, here, sayin' Howdy from Austin, Texas. My B is a '88 Roadtrek Dodge B-250 conversion and I'm just straightening out the previous owner's mystery modifications. I'll post about them in the general forum. The reason for the work I'm doing now is to get the RV ready for the Kerrville Fall Music Festival. I've been a regular at the Kerrville festivals since 1974, but took the last three years off due to health and aging issues. There's a country song with the line "I'm much too young to feel this damn old...". Anyway, just wanted to check in. See y'all on the other forums.

BC
Old 08-04-2014, 06:32 AM   #66
Platinum Member

Hello to SusieQ and unclebob! If you are looking for help on your class B you've come to the right place. The folks here are Guru's on all that pertains to them, try them out and you'll see. Welcome to you both.
AK49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:41 AM   #67

New to this forum and enjoy all the comments and opinions. I don't own a moho yet but hope to learn a lot from all of the experienced owners on this forum to help me make a good decision on what to buy. My plan is to make 3 to 5 week trips at a time once we retire. Thanks for providing this forum and being the moderator.
Dave
taDtaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 02:04 PM   #68
Platinum Member

Welcome Dave
Old 03-17-2015, 05:29 AM   #69

Hey,

We have had a Nash 22h for several years and love it. We recently bought a 2009 Pleasure-Way Excel TS for our road trips. We enjoy cruising the Oregon Coast, especially this winter, and will be heading east in a month or two.

We will be taking a shakedown cruise between March Madness weekends to get prepared for longer trips. Hope to see some of y'all out there.

Tony
knotsplicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:02 AM   #70

Hello all;
my name is jim and we just know getting the bug to buy a class "B" motorhome. We live in sunny Florida andwill mostly use the coach for getting to somewhere and spending time at that particular location, rthen moving on to new spot/destination. We have looked at the "C"'s, the B+ and have come back to the place we started and that is a B. Right now I am currently looking very hard at a used (slightly my term) 2012 Winnebago ERA 70X. The vehicle only has 19000 miles and looks very nice. I will ask about it in another section of this forum
hope to meet many of you down the road sometime soon.

Jim (soon to be B owner)