Originally Posted by markopolo
What type of Van do you have? Where are you from? Are you looking into getting a Class B RV? How long have you been RVing?
My husband and I live in Oneonta NY. We were SNOWED IN this year - and have been dreaming all winter and spring about converting a MB Sprinter for escaping and fun excursions - but as we come down to the wire of the actual buy - we are changing our minds from Sprinter to Transit.
1) I checked out future prices for diesel - I understand that diesel tax will go UP in the US - significantly.
2) The Eco Boost engine seems like a good idea.
3) I like the way the Transit handles
4) The wider sliding door make the van feel much more wide open
5) Where we live, its hard to get to a Mercedes dealership - would be rather a hassle to get it serviced.
So - we are excited and will buy within the next month - hoping we can find something that meets our specs. We plan to build very light and will have a couple of modifications that might be considered unusual.
1) I'm interested in designing what I'll call an "airdry" toilet. The "Compost toilet" is not likely to become accepted by RV'ers - confuses people who might think that you have to be a vegetarian or live in Seattle to use one.
2) We'll start with a Goal Zero solar system & slowly build a working solar system.
3) We have an idea for a bed that can be used as a couch that faces forward
In other words - we are having a lot of fun pondering and designing. More to come!
Looking forward to talking with folks who know a lot about Class B's.