Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2016, 02:51 PM   #1

Default Looking for info

New member here. I have been researching class b revs for a while, and the more I research the more questions I have. I have learned a lot from this forum. Is there a seminar I can attend that goes over the basics, such as overall cost, insurance regulations, power alternatives. I have visited a few rv dealers and feel like shark bait. I live in the St. Louis area.
Retire2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:05 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum!

No seminars per se, but there is a great number of channels on Youtube that have excellent information.

One channel I would suggest is RV Education 101 at https://www.youtube.com/user/rved101 They have over 250 videos with lots of great information. Most videos are short and to the point and less than 3 minutes long.

Note - I am not affiliated with that channel, I just like their stuff.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 05:37 PM   #3
Rok
Platinum Member

Hey Retire 2020,

The reason you feel like shark bait is because you are. My experiences are that many outfitters and retailers out there are all too much like used car dealers with them being a little bit more talented and persuasive because the ticket is a larger amount. Most of them have yelp ratings in the twos and low threes.

Mind you there are a few exceptions, but they are few and far in between. I wish it wasn't so.

.....Rok
Rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 03:11 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Use Google to search for "RV Seminars" or "RV Lifestyle Seminars" they are offered all over the country and you may find one in your area. Also the bigger RV shows usually have seminars associated with them. Check your local community college for adult learning class in RVing. When I lived in Seattle the local community college offered a multi-day class on RV Lifestyle.