Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2011, 04:48 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Me and my 1999 Rialta HD.

Hi,

I bought a used 1999 Rialta HD in mid-2010. It was in Orlando, FL and I live in Arizona. Flew to FL with two big suitcases packed with my previous RV dishes, utensils, and even coffee maker. Baggage check must have had a field day. It paid off as there was no baggage charge and why buy twice? I test drove the Rialta and was thrilled. There were some issues and many more later discovered but the unit had not been used much and most items had never been used. I drove the rig back from FL with the Check Engine light on. Initially, I spent quite a bit at Volkswagen getting deferred ills repaired. It had around 28,000 miles on purchase. The generator didn't work well and crapped out on the second day. Items that had issues: Power drain for shower, Water Heater electric portion, Fridge (meter was missing) Propane tank-no readout, TV antenna amplifier not working, Freezer door had no spring to close it, etc.. But! this was not the Rialta's fault but mainly from lack of use. Cosmetically the rig looked new! Over the time I have fixed just about everything with factory parts and original equipment. I got the Volkswagen engine parts all worked out. The only item not original in my Rialta is the kitchen faucet, which I addressed in the forum. The rig drives like a dream and is a destined classic. Hoping to hear from more Rialta owners on here.

Paul
CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
rem
Gold Member

Default Me and my 1999 Rialta HD.

Hi Paul.

I flew to Fl. in April & purchased our 2005 Rialta HD. Stayed there with family then took our time driving home to Long Island. Everything was fine , ran well no problems. Last month went to Cape Cod & had to replace the starter before the trip. Other then that, avg 20 MPG , runs GREAT & we are very, very happy with the RV.

Rem

rem is offline   Reply With Quote