Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #1

Default My 2005 Rialta

:kiss: I looked all over to decide what kind of rv I wanted and I fell head over heals in love with the 2005 Rialta. I am going on my first 22 day caravan to Bar Harbor this summer. I have seen another Rialta on the New Jersey shore but havent had the opportunity to meet the owner. I only have 22,000 miles on it but I havent had any trouble except my refrig has never operated on lp power. No buddy knows why not---oh well. judy

jbazler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:03 AM   #2

Default My 2005 Rialta

We too had this problem and it ended up being some dirt or other in the exhaust pipe or the bulb on the end of the thermostat that is supposed to stay in the flame to keep the gas going has shifted for some reason.

kobefred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #3

Default My 2005 Rialta

Hey thanks. I have another question, I am going on a caravan trip in summer. My 2005 rialta has 28,000 miles and I have owned it 5 years. I have the continental tires on it. I keep reading that those tires are not good. I had to replace one of the valves but other than that they seem to work fine. Do you think I should dump the tires? Also any suggestion of where to buy a lockable box for my back rack??? judy

jbazler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
D0N
Bronze Member

Default My 2005 Rialta

Polished aluminum carrier made by UWS (united welding service). It's 51L x 23W x 6D. This fits into the 2" hitch receiver on the rear of an RV.
UWS also make a very nice Lockable polished aluminum cargo box that is made to fit into this carrier perfectly.
I don't have the cargo box but may buy one soon.
More info at this link... http://www.uwsta.com/rec_carrier.html

My LP mode doesn't work on my rialta fridge either! I've removed it 2 times and cleaned the burner box etc etc but still can't gt it to light and stay lit.

D0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
D0N
Bronze Member

Default My 2005 Rialta

I forgot to mention that the later continental tires are fine. It was the tires on the early rialtas (95 and 96 models) that had a safety recall on the continental tires. The issue was fixed long before the 2005 rialta was out.

Don't worry about those tires.
D0N is offline   Reply With Quote