Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2018, 06:57 PM   #1

Question Need Help Buying a used Class B!

Hello all! I am new to the forum and new to the Class B world. I've been saving for months now and have now begun the searching process, looking at vans under 15k. I hate buying vehicles and know very little about the inner workings of these Class B's so any help would be greatly appreciated. My main concern is avoiding glaring red flags that I might not know to look for in these types of vehicles. What are the things that I should look for first? What are things that should cause concern? What are some repairs that I can expect or anticipate in certain vehicles of this age and mileage? What are the questions that I should be asking that I can't even think of right now to ask?!
Any help, thanks in advance!
colepensinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:30 PM   #2
Silver Member

Hello! No responses... sheesh! I’ll fix that right now. I take it from your post you’re looking to do a custom build. I looked at used Sprinters for awhile and honestly that will be the only high top van in your budget. I’ve seen decent shaped ones as cheap as $10k to $15k. Most of them are being retired from fleet usage so they will have miles on them; easily 150k+ plus on something a decade old. Hope this helps.
silex840 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying, class b, purchasing