Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2018, 07:32 PM   #1

Default New Class B - Winnebago Paseo

Hello, all,

My DH and I just took delivery this morning on a 2018 Winnebago Paseo.

We're in the suburbs of Denver and looking forward to seeing more of this great state. I grew up as a long-time camper with my parents, everything from a Starcraft pop-up to a 24' Winnebago to an Airstream. Then, as an adult, my former husband and I were truck campers in Alaska for many years.

This Paseo is my current husband's first foray into RV ownership. We did rent a 24' Class C last year for a PNW/California tour, which we enjoyed, but saw how a Class B would better meet our needs.

Have been using this forum for research the past couple months while we searched for our RV and appreciate all the information I learned here. I hesitated posting anything until we were true Class B owners. But now that we are, I'm looking forward to participating with you all!

Thanks again,
J & J
JSquaredB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:24 PM   #2

Congrats! Very nice looking touring van and I hope you are going to enjoy it. We are still looking for our van, but Travato is high on the list. We did not consider Paseo as we highly prefer mobility and 22 feet platform may not fit in standard parking lots. In fact, we are still contemplating something like Hymer Aktiv 1.0 for the even shorter base compared to Travato, but the bed on Aktiv 1.0 is too cozy for two people, and bathroom is unusable compared to Travato 59G. This and we suspect Cassette toilet is just not for us. I looked at report by Russos and they admit that the only way to keep cassette toilette usable is to avoid doing number 2 in it as much as possible. I don't get it. What's the point of the toilet then if you have to run looking at public restroom every time you have nature call. But Travato is also not without cons, with rather anemic tank sizes, preventing any type of long boondocking.
netscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:57 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

J & J, are you guys member of the Paseo Facebook group? Winnebago Paseo Owners and Wannabees
Congrats! Anyway, the info on the FB group will be Paseo and Winnebago specific. Lots of knowledge there. The Travato shares a lot of equipment with the Paseo, so there's some T owners in the group also, and vice-versa

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:11 PM   #4

Bob & Sharon,

We would definitely like to look into the Facebook group. However, we are not currently on Facebook. We were on Facebook early on, before privacy and security was as stringent, and we had a stalker episode with one of us, so we both swore off Facebook at that time, and have stayed off, mostly on principle, ever since. And, we've never really had any real reason to want to re-join.

This sounds like a good reason to join back up again. Thanks for pointing out the existence of it.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #5

Good luck on your search. The Travato G was also high on our list. However, the dealership gave us a MUCH better deal on the '18 Paseo, since all their Travatos were 2019. The floorpan for the Travato is really clever. I hope we don't end up kicking ourselves for choosing based on $$. We really do like the Paseo - don't get me wrong.

Agree completely on the cassette toilet. No interest whatsoever.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:56 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSquaredB View Post
Bob & Sharon,

We would definitely like to look into the Facebook group. However, we are not currently on Facebook. We were on Facebook early on, before privacy and security was as stringent, and we had a stalker episode with one of us, so we both swore off Facebook at that time, and have stayed off, mostly on principle, ever since. And, we've never really had any real reason to want to re-join.

This sounds like a good reason to join back up again. Thanks for pointing out the existence of it.
I understand completely about FB. You can set your privacy settings to be much more "strict" than before. Set a good password too....

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 02:22 AM   #7
BBQ
Platinum Member

If you don't post anything on your FB pages, nobody knows who you are.
You don't have to show your profile picture.
You don't have to show your location.
You don't have to show your friends list.
You don't even need to have FB friends.

You can lockout private messages, so that nobody can harass you.
You can shut off commenting, so that nobody can write on your page.

When you visit a FB group, nobody knows you are there. You can just read and enjoy.

I don't see much problem with FB.
Old 05-12-2018, 04:08 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Welcome from another Paseo owner! We've had ours for a little over 4 months now, have spent over 25 nights in it already and are absolutely loving it.

Congrats, you picked a great rig!
Old 05-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post

If you don't post anything on your FB pages, nobody knows who you are.
You don't have to show your profile picture.
You don't have to show your location.
You don't have to show your friends list.
You don't even need to have FB friends.

You can lockout private messages, so that nobody can harass you.
You can shut off commenting, so that nobody can write on your page.

When you visit a FB group, nobody knows you are there. You can just read and enjoy.

I don't see much problem with FB.

Yes, I know that to be true now. We were very early adopters of Facebook back in 06/07 (or so) and the security was far less stringent then. After our "incident" we just decided to leave the platform and have really never had a good reason to want to return, until now.

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsPaseo View Post
Welcome from another Paseo owner! We've had ours for a little over 4 months now, have spent over 25 nights in it already and are absolutely loving it.

Congrats, you picked a great rig!
Thanks! We're really looking forward to it. Hope to learn tips and tricks here. We had our first meal in it last night, in the driveway. Unfortunately for my DH, he is flying out this morning for 10 days, so won't get to play with anything until he returns. It will give me time to try and get things organized and see where everything can fit. We plan to take our first trip the weekend after he returns.