Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default New Member !

Greetings All, I am a new member to this Forum just found it about a week ago. We have not had a Rv for a few years ,have friends that purchased a class B and love it for short getawase . Since seeing theirs we have decided if we could find an older one with lower miledge and subsequently lower cost we could be very interested. A t the same time we would like to think we could find a unit that we could put our things in and head out from NB to Florida or Ariz and not be worried that we should have to mortgage our house to make it back .

Happy Trails,
Scroller.
scroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:33 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: New Member !

welcome aboard! lot of used rv website search engines. I like rvtrader-but there are others.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:40 PM   #3
Silver Member

Hi Jerry,
I have been scanning the sites, several hoops to jump thru if importing from us into can, also the majority of used in Can are either in Que or Ont making it a bit more difficult to test drive and have someone check it out. I keep hoping one will show up in NB or NS that we could check out.

Cheers,Scroller
Old 10-01-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum Scroller. No doubt you're checking Kijiji.
Here are a few searches you can check:

Kijiji van search, sort order closest to Moncton, 1,000km range

Kijiji van search, sort order price ascending, within 1,000km range of Moncton

Kijiji van search, newest ads, within 1,000km range of Moncton

Kijiji van search, sort order closest to Moncton, 1,000km range, years 1992 to 2015

The 1,000km range might be too far for you but at least it will give you an idea of pricing in Quebec and parts of Ontario.

A relative of mine got what seems like an ok deal from a Quebec dealer this Summer. $13,000 for a 1997 Pleasure-Way that had the motor replaced. The van was in really good shape, no rust at etc.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:23 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Welcome
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:26 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Welcome

One big tip I can give you is that when searching kijiji, also try searching for "camper van" with no category selected.

http://www.kijiji.ca/b-moncton/camper-v ... t=priceAsc

And searching there leads to http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/monc ... nFlag=true

Looks nice! The 88 G20 looks good too, if you're looking for more of a budget based unit to start.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #7
Silver Member

Thanks for the tips I will certainly follow these up. We are hoping to coma across a unit with the twin bed similar to the 190 popular .as sleeping is not one of my better traits.lol I looked at a unit on line from ont that was in our price category however it had 260,000 klm on it . I know I have probably as many klm on this old frame and don't want to start out for Fla with the driver and the van both ready for the shop.lol

Marcopolo where are you located in NB I have been following your mods and am totally impressed by your mechanical mind and ability. This is a great site for folks to get an idea as to what can be either modified or repaired if you have the skill set.

Thanks again for all the comebacks, is there any way I can set this up so if I have an answer to a post I can be notified by e mail so I don't miss it for a day or so before reading.
Cheers,RW
Old 10-02-2014, 02:41 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Thanks scroller. There's an awesome mix of people and ideas on this forum. I think I learn something new everyday here. I'm not far from Bouctouche.

You can choose to be notified when a reply is posted by selecting the box down below where you type a post or a reply.

Newer & lower mileage is often better but no rust, better maintenance & use history and layout would make me choose an older unit or one with higher mileage. I check used van listings fairly often and have come to realize that there is slow but steady supply of them so you don't need to feel pressured to buy one if you have any doubts about it. Another one will come along.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg notify me when a reply is posted.JPG (43.5 KB, 400 views)
Old 10-02-2014, 05:23 PM   #9
Silver Member

Thank Marcopolo for the tips! There are a couple in NS I will be checking out next week. I notice it,s easy to obtain the sales brochures for older Roadtrek models but not possible as far as I can determine from pleasure way. I keep wondering what mileage one can expect from theses dodge engines when I see several units with in excess of 250.000 klms
Old 10-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Booster offered a few posts starting here: http://www.classbforum.com/phpBB2/vi...p=12668#p12671 that could help with the decision if considering a high mileage van.

Notes:
150,000 miles is approximately 240,000 kilometers
250,000 miles is approximately 400,000 kilometers
300,000 miles is approximately 480,000 kilometers
Old 09-24-2015, 05:57 AM   #11
Bronze Member

Great link, interesting reading. I think in addition to loaded weight the maintenance, and driving style (ie towing?) have a large impact. I just bought a 2000 with 180 K km on a Dodge 5.7 (360 cu in). It was a rental for 2 years and 55k km, then owned by a sinlge older lady for 13 years and 135K km, but she did regular 5000 km oil changes and 3 trans flushes (she had all the receipts) and I doesnt' have a tow hitch at all. so I took the "chance". Purchase price was reflective of the high mileage, so that helped. The unit has literally been from the arctic in Alaska and NWT, to Florida, maritimes to San Diego, so criss crossed the continent. Hope it will serve us as well and I wont' be doing those kind of miles per year, at least yet.
Ridenfun is offline   Reply With Quote