Old 02-03-2017, 12:57 AM   #1

Default New Member

Hi Folks,
Olive Cat here. I'm new to the Class B Forums. I've camped with my family for years with a 13' Winnebago trailer and when I was a kid, we had a pop-up Apache. I love tent camping, too.
I joined your forum to gain more knowledge on the Rialta and other Class B RVs. I'm hoping to purchase something in the near future so I can travel to see friends and family while still having my own space.

Olive Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:37 AM   #2
BBQ
Platinum Member

Welcome.

Why do you prefer a Rialta ?

BBQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:52 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Welcome! I always liked the Rialtas
Keyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:08 AM   #4
Platinum Member

the rialtas have been out of production for some time, the parts may require a VW dealer searching- which could be trouble-y
they do have moderate power and get good mpg
there are 4 floorplans I am aware of, none of which are very good if you are tall.

poptop heaven in yucaipa CA always has some units ( I drove by yesterday and saw at least 5), there is some good info available on the web on rialtas

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:18 AM   #5

Hi BBQ,
I like the Rialta several reasons. Convenience is key for me. All the comforts of home, cost efficient, easy to set up for the night and the size. From what I understand they are very easy to drive.
The first time I saw one, I was impressed by the huge window in the back. One of my biggest fears it not being able to see around my camper and the big window caught my eye and that is where I started my search.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:20 AM   #6

Thank you, Keyne
Old 02-03-2017, 11:54 AM   #7

Hi Mike!
Thanks for the info. I have checked into the different models and have concluded that I don't want the QD unless it is selling for a song. I'd rather the extra living space to move around. and I'm not fond of the one with the stationary bed. I'd like the option to sit at a table and play cards, board games..eat..LOL!. ..again, if the price is right, I may be swayed.
I've checked out Poptop Heaven online site. They always seem to have a few beauties on there.
Being that I live on the east coast, there doesn't seem to be that many available except down in Florida. I hope to be taking a vacation there soon so I can test drive a couple. And who knows? Maybe I can take one back home with me
As far as parts, my husband is pretty handy when it comes to improvising and he can pretty much fix anything. Also, there is a VW dealer that isn't too far from me that does repairs on Rialtas.
I've done some looking online at Class B's and I keep coming back to the Rialta. Can you suggest something else that I may want to consider in the 10k-20k range?
Things it must have: indoor shower, toilet, bed, sink, fridge, stove, table. AC, generator, automatic transmission
Old 02-03-2017, 03:10 PM   #8
Platinum Member

all i can say is look at as many units as you can, that will help you decide which aspects are important ( be cause there are always compromises)

( we have a PW on a chev)

MANY of us find that it is easiest to leave the bed made up- in our case on long drives one of us may nap and the dog is almost always in bed, looking out the side window.

in practice, swiveling the pass seat for one of us, while the other sits on the bed seems to work well...and the "great Outdoors" is about using the space outside as much as you can

I'd say the rialta is tight if you are over 5'10"- but doable.

youtube has many videos with sales people or owners in RV's- watch how easily ( or not) people move around inside especially if there is a "host" and a cameraperson.

some of the owner videos many also give tips on common fixes required.

I've only spoken with a few rialta owners, each was very happy with their rv

in terms of fixing the van- that played a huge part of buying a chev ( i already have some chevs, manuals, common tools- parts at any autostore, service anywhere, by anyone- run these aspects by your husband it may or may factor in- but any rialta you see is going to be more than 10 years old

fun site:
http://www.rialtainfo.com/model_info/pros_and_cons.htm

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:38 PM   #9

I stand a little over 5' so that shouldn't be an issue for me except if I have to reach something...LOL! I watched some of the videos and they make it all look so easy. Some of them are very detailed on how they went about repairing different things. I've noticed by them, that the people who own them loved them. And they seem to only give them up if they are upgrading or if their families have out grown them. To me that says a lot about the quality of the Rialta.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:04 PM   #10

I'm guessing that the PW is a Pleasure Way. I've seen a couple of them but they seemed a little out of reach price wise. How is it on gas?