Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2016, 12:22 PM   #1

Default New member - Considering a 2001 American Cruiser RE2000X

My wife and I are considering a 2001 American Cruiser RE2000X with 26,000 miles. This is all new to us and would like to hear the pros and cons of this particular model.
MarineDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineDad View Post
My wife and I are considering a 2001 American Cruiser RE2000X with 26,000 miles. This is all new to us and would like to hear the pros and cons of this particular model.
I did some research on those models. The general consensus is that they are very well built. Though the company doesn't exist anymore, the design seems thoughtful. This is the only model from those years, with a rear entry door. All the other Van based RVs have side entry, where you need to stoop to get it. This one allows a 6ft person with no issues to get in from the rear.

One thing to notice is, the AC is mounted on the side middle, and the outside vent has to be opened to run the AC. This prevent running the house AC while driving. I don't think it is much of an issue for most people.

Also, because of the rear entry, the bed area is in the middle with a convertible sofa. Should be okay for 2 people I guess.

Overall, I would say they are an interesting design and well made.
kvkite is offline   Reply With Quote