Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #1

Default New to Forum

Just found this forum, hoping for some help...

I bought and owned a 1996 Rialta for a few years and LOVED it, but found it to be seriously underpowered when I got into any kind of serious hill country. I sold that one back in 99, but I'm looking at a rialta again because I loved the size, handling and layout.

Has anything changed mechanically/ engine/transmission etc since 96 that would give the rialt any more "umph" on the highway?

Thanks in advance

jm

johnmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default New to Forum

HI! I wish more people responded here (and sooner). Glad that you are considering another Rialta. I forgot when they increased horsepower and changed from the 5 cylinder to the VR6, but it happened between '95 and '99. I have a '99 HD with the VR6 but in 2000 they went to the 201 hp VR6. (Same Litre size but more horsepower). I am thrilled with the pickup and "umph" in mine. The 2000 and newer are yet a little more zippy and do climb the hills just a bit better but I have no complaints. Not sure if you should change the mechanicals or not. Probably best to get a newer model and test drive it. Good luck!

CGAZ Paul is offline   Reply With Quote