Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2017, 01:16 AM   #1

Question New to me, 1993 210 popular Roadtrek

Hi all thanks for having a great site to help us along in our adventures.
My new to me 1993 Roadtrek has been well taking care of, 93xxx miles. No dings or dent and the paint looks almost showroom quality. The previou owner made a few change, but not many.
One of those may have been the waste tanks. I have only one big one under there and the drain hose is inside of a four inch black pipe like the specs say. Is this a change or is it factory? I have now shower,but do have the toilet.
Thanks
Michael4104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:55 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Congrats on your new 210. What you have is the factory set up. You should have two valves (handles), one for the gray tank and the other for the black tank.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:05 AM   #3

No, only one valve and one tank.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:51 AM   #4
Platinum Member

hmm- wonder it he holed a tank and removed it...then rigged the drains.

most rvs will have a gray water tank twice the capacity of the black tank...both of which will be slightly larger than the fresh water tank.

you could pour in measured water to establish capacity...that'll keep you from overfilling the waste tanks

roadtrek has been good about listing legacy manuals and brochures on their website- you have?

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:57 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I was so curious that I went to the Manual Section of RT and read about the 1993 Model 210. It had two tanks, grey and black and two valves. Do you have the fresh water- fill opening by the Drivers Door and another by the Rear Door on the Passenger Side - didn't see the Rear referred to? I can't imagine someone modifying it to just a single tank and valve...unless the tank was replaced and the new one had but the single valve. In reality, it is there and if it dumps...go with it. If, by chance you didn't get the Manual, you can go to Roadtrek.com and in the Support Section you can download the Manual for your Year and Model. Ron
Old 01-03-2017, 11:18 AM   #6

Yes I have a fresh water tank and the city water hookup is on the driverside and the fresh water tank fill is located in the passenger door step area.
I got the manual from Roadtrek plus the vehicle came with all the documentation from when it was new. It also came with all the service documents, but I found no information on a tank install. There was a receipt for a new hose installed. I'll need to review the receipt again.
Thanks for the replies you all. I will run it as is. Just need to be careful of what goes in that toilet when boondocking.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:05 PM   #7
BBQ
Platinum Member

Please take some pictures of the specific area you have a question;
people can better understand your situation.

RT is known to make small variations over the years.
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:50 PM   #8

Looking at a 1993 brochure that came with the van I could see the holding tanks look like what I have. So in between the much needed rain squalls I went and laid under the van. What I found was indeed a two tank setup. The handle for the gray water valve is a thick wire that is bent at a right angle that lies above the black water valve.
I've been missing around with some kind of camper for over 60 years so I guess my old eyes are not what they use to be, maybe the brain too.
So I thank all of you for you time.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:52 PM   #9
Platinum Member

I just saw a valterra extended pull rod kit on amazon as a lightning deal- maybe handy for you.

extending a pull rod should be pretty easy with a length of rod and a coupler to the valve pull...home depot stuff

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote