Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-18-2017, 02:04 AM   #51
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
i have read several people with voltstart issues. I have read several people without voltstart issues. I have read several people with ecotrek issues-i have read several people without ecotrek issues.

I can't find any posts reporting Voltstart problems, which is not to say they don't exist, but I would like to see some evidence.

What is an "ecotrek issue"?
__________________

cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:18 AM   #52
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
I can't find any posts reporting Voltstart problems, which is not to say they don't exist, but I would like to see some evidence.

What is an "ecotrek issue"?
You could try here

http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f2...html#post55884

The forum search is very poor, use the Google advanced search the Janet has linked.

https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl...95:k1dvq8an7ly
__________________

booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:25 AM   #53
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
I can't find any posts reporting Voltstart problems, which is not to say they don't exist, but I would like to see some evidence.

What is an "ecotrek issue"?
roadtrek and hymers owners group facebook

be prepared lol

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1676...?ref=bookmarks

you have to request to join
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:30 AM   #54
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
roadtrek and hymers owners group facebook

be prepared lol

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1676...?ref=bookmarks

you have to request to join
Thanks. It's not much help to me because I avoid Facebook, Twitter etc like the plague.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:36 AM   #55
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
Thanks. It's not much help to me because I avoid Facebook, Twitter etc like the plague.
let me get this straight-you never see ecotrek and voltstart issues

However you avoid most social media were people post about most of their issues with ecotrek and voltstart.

Hey-as long as yours works fine- many do -quite a few don't.

you said show me where i can read about these issues then say i don't go to those places.many social media sites have closed groups. if a group is closed a google search won't show you anything-these are all closed
what can i say
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:07 AM   #56
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 550
Default

Allot of cities through out the US have a business or two that convert cars to electric. They have the know how and are up on the latest tech and have the skills to deliver a custom lithium battery pack and all controls, chargers etc... at a very reasonable price. They have a better handle on potential problems and engineering them out since they have been doing it allot longer than any RV MFGs.
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:16 AM   #57
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
let me get this straight-you never see ecotrek and voltstart issues

However you avoid most social media were people post about most of their issues with ecotrek and voltstart.

Hey-as long as yours works fine- many do -quite a few don't.

you said show me where i can read about these issues then say i don't go to those places.many social media sites have closed groups. if a group is closed a google search won't show you anything-these are all closed
what can i say
No, you don't have it quite straight. I've never said I've never seen any posts regarding ecotrek and voltstart issues. What I am saying is that considering the number of units Hymer/Roadtrek is cranking out, the incidence of etrek complaints has largely disappeared. The citations provided above are a couple of years old and while they may be fodder for the confirmation bias of some posters who seem to get their jollies dissing Roadtrek, as a practical matter, there is etrek then and there is etrek now

You may be disposed to regard every negative or problem report as accurate. I'm not so inclined because sometimes the complainer turns out to be the architect of the problem. It sure as hell has happened to me and I'll hazard the guess it's happened to you. Without getting more information than is typically supplied with these complaints, it's difficult to distinguish between a true equipment malfunction and owner cockpit error.

It's funny that you support Facebook private forums as a productive source of information regarding Roadtrek because the dominant complaint I have heard about them is that they are little more than propaganda machines for the owners and moderators of the sites and that this forum was created in reaction to this. At least in this forum, members can tell it as they see it without recrimination or being banned.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:14 AM   #58
BBQ
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: East
Posts: 1,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
I can't find any posts reporting Voltstart problems, which is not to say they don't exist, but I would like to see some evidence.

What is an "ecotrek issue"?

People with a type-specific problem tend to post at a forum that is designed for that type. This is a general forum; people talk about all makes and all models. If you want to read about VS problems, you need to go to their FB group.
BBQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:01 AM   #59
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
No, you don't have it quite straight. I've never said I've never seen any posts regarding ecotrek and voltstart issues. What I am saying is that considering the number of units Hymer/Roadtrek is cranking out, the incidence of etrek complaints has largely disappeared. The citations provided above are a couple of years old and while they may be fodder for the confirmation bias of some posters who seem to get their jollies dissing Roadtrek, as a practical matter, there is etrek then and there is etrek now

You may be disposed to regard every negative or problem report as accurate. I'm not so inclined because sometimes the complainer turns out to be the architect of the problem. It sure as hell has happened to me and I'll hazard the guess it's happened to you. Without getting more information than is typically supplied with these complaints, it's difficult to distinguish between a true equipment malfunction and owner cockpit error.

It's funny that you support Facebook private forums as a productive source of information regarding Roadtrek because the dominant complaint I have heard about them is that they are little more than propaganda machines for the owners and moderators of the sites and that this forum was created in reaction to this. At least in this forum, members can tell it as they see it without recrimination or being banned.
the roadtrekking forum run by Mike Wendland is a propaganda machine-the other ones are not. but have it your way. as i said most social forums of this type are closed groups-without belonging to them -google searches will not show posts.

Roadtreking is the one that will ban you. It banned me for pointing out to someone they could get help with their ecotrek issues at the other forum-which bans no one. it's interesting that you 'have heard about them' and have no experience with them. this forum-although i like it - is a lilliputian in number of posters to it. It's amazing-you asked-and then say you won't look-why ask in the first place then.

i reread your post and think you are a little misinformed-anyone who joins facebook can create a site AND make it private or non-private. Most make it private not because they are trying to hide stuff-lol. they make it private so that they will actually get more posters. If you think thats a contradiction you have to understand how facebook works. when you join you get your own page. you can post open stuff on it. However when you go to a group site to post about something- if it's an open site your post also ends up on your main page-most of us including me DON'T what every post we put at a group on a particular issue showing on our main site-i once said something about the wife at a group and it posted to my main page-and since she looks at my main page she saw it-was i in hot water. whew. So most people who create sites make them private.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:31 AM   #60
Platinum Member
 
Bruceper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
LOL, Sure, I can search just as well as you but since it's your allusion to Voltstart issues, not mine, it devolves to you, not me, to produce the smoking pistols.
Nope, not playing your game. Someone else pointed out problems (not me), you insulted them and I provided search results. Time to do your own research.

What game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1514 View Post
I've read enough about Roadtrek and their lithiums and voltstart to figure that coach is probably being traded in for one that actually works.
Quote:
I own a lithium and Voltstart Roadtrek that functions flawlessly so forgive me for being singularly unimpressed by salvos from drive by critics whose conclusions are drawn from anecdotes.
That's a high and mighty post designed to make yourself feel superior and drive someone else into the mud.

No more replies on this topic from me. As it is I might get infracted for calling out your rudeness.
__________________

Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.