Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2017, 01:06 PM   #61
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
I own a lithium and Voltstart Roadtrek that functions flawlessly so forgive me for being singularly unimpressed by salvos from drive by critics whose conclusions are drawn from anecdotes.

I remember you at the FB group. You were crying and complaining about the RT lithium and voltstart. LOL How quickly you changed the tune and pretends that nobody would know.

BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:04 PM   #62
Platinum Member

FWIW, the wife and I appreciate all the comments here.

Anybody want to play Price is Right? What do folks think is a reasonable price for:

A brand new RT CS Adventurous XL ordered from the factory today with Warp Core (1600 & 600), underhood generator, undermounted A/C, induction stove, Alde, drop down cabinet in the back and headboard? If MSRP is listed at 162K, what kind of price is "fair" from a dealer on such a Class B?
WingedRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:11 PM   #63
Platinum Member

Traditionally, 18% off sticker has been considered a max discount from Roadtrek, but I am not sure if that still applies after the Hymer takeover.

If you could get to $135K you would probably be doing pretty well.

Sample here,

Current Inventory/Pre-Owned Inventory from Lake Region RVs Inc.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:19 PM   #64
Platinum Member

When a dealer says a RoadTrek has a September build date from a slot they've already ordered, is that firm or no? From what I understand it takes a week to make a CS from start to finish. Just wondering if a "build date" is firm or if that will be one of those delivery stories I've read about where it comes in late.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:27 PM   #65
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedRyno View Post
When a dealer says a RoadTrek has a September build date from a slot they've already ordered, is that firm or no? From what I understand it takes a week to make a CS from start to finish. Just wondering if a "build date" is firm or if that will be one of those delivery stories I've read about where it comes in late.

From what i have read on various forums,
you need to add 6 to 8 weeks to whatever date they promised you.

Unless they have a built one on the lot or in the pipeline, which I doubt you will find one with your spec. Not an XL. Not with 1600AH. Nobody likes to hold expensive inventory.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:29 PM   #66
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
From what i have read on various forums,
you need to add 6 to 8 weeks to whatever date they promised you.

Unless they have a built one on the lot or in the pipeline, which I doubt you will find one with your spec. Not an XL. Not with 1600AH. Nobody likes to hold expensive inventory.

Good to know. It's a fluid business I'm sure. By in the pipeline, do you mean the dealer has already ordered the unit and it just hasn't been built yet?

I'm guessing you meant an already built one that is in the delivery pipeline. It must be the build dates that move around rather than the delivery process. That makes sense.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:42 PM   #67
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Good to know. It's a fluid business I'm sure. By in the pipeline, do you mean the dealer has already ordered the unit and it just hasn't been built yet?

Yes, dealers are committed to sell a certain number of RV every year. Otherwise, they would lose their franchise.

They would order the most popular models with the most popular options, for their lot.
If the inventory do not sell, they have to give a discount to move them, and no wise businessman would like to do that.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:43 PM   #68
Platinum Member

Quote:
FWIW, the wife and I appreciate all the comments here.

Anybody want to play Price is Right? What do folks think is a reasonable price for:

A brand new RT CS Adventurous XL ordered from the factory today with Warp Core (1600 & 600), underhood generator, undermounted A/C, induction stove, Alde, drop down cabinet in the back and headboard? If MSRP is listed at 162K, what kind of price is "fair" from a dealer on such a Class B?
between 15-20 is reasonable. i got 15 percent off list in 2015. could i have gotten more-possibly-but unlike this dealer who was 30 minutes away.-who had a good rep in service-the next dealer was 2.5 hours away.

I can't believe the number of posts i see that say-i need service and my dealer is 5 hours away-when they have one close but didn't have as good a price. although there are no service guarantees my dealer has never kept me waiting more than a week-and within a couple days if they think it's something they can handle quick.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:44 PM   #69
Platinum Member

Quote:
build date means 'nothing' with Roadtrek. Jim Hammill told me a date-i got it a month later-lol
Old 05-18-2017, 04:52 PM   #70
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
I remember you at the FB group. You were crying and complaining about the RT lithium and voltstart. LOL How quickly you changed the tune and pretends that nobody would know.

I think you're confusing me with someone else. I'm not a facebook subscriber.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:34 PM   #71
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceper View Post
Nope, not playing your game. Someone else pointed out problems (not me), you insulted them and I provided search results. Time to do your own research.

What game?

That's a high and mighty post designed to make yourself feel superior and drive someone else into the mud.

No more replies on this topic from me. As it is I might get infracted for calling out your rudeness.
Yes, mea culpa. When subjected to a post like "You couldn't pay me $139,000 firm to own that", I confess that in another of my many weaker moments, the temptation to be rude in response was downright irrepressible.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:49 PM   #72
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
i reread your post and think you are a little misinformed-anyone who joins facebook can create a site AND make it private or non-private. Most make it private not because they are trying to hide stuff-lol. they make it private so that they will actually get more posters. If you think thats a contradiction you have to understand how facebook works. when you join you get your own page. you can post open stuff on it. However when you go to a group site to post about something- if it's an open site your post also ends up on your main page-most of us including me DON'T what every post we put at a group on a particular issue showing on our main site-i once said something about the wife at a group and it posted to my main page-and since she looks at my main page she saw it-was i in hot water. whew. So most people who create sites make them private.
I appreciate your laying out the complexities of the FB format. I'm sure FB has its virtues but as a charter member of Luddites R Us, I'll continue to pass.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:13 PM   #73
Platinum Member

Quote:
I appreciate your laying out the complexities of the FB format. I'm sure FB has its virtues but as a charter member of Luddites R Us, I'll continue to pass.
lol-i had to look up luddites.

As Willie Sutton said why he robbed banks-'because that's were they keep the money'

social media is where they keep the =ecotrek and voltstart complaints.

If you ignore social media -for whatever reason-you ignore these complaints.

again-your the one who asked where these complaints were-and to be directed to them.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:15 PM   #74
Platinum Member

Steven Jones Update:
VoltStart module removed from behind the dashboard switch by Mercedes Long Beach CA, new key successfully programmed causing ZERO ERROR MESSAGES!
7 hours in the customer service lounge yesterday (boring). Mercedes only charges me $85 for the standard reprogramming g fee!
I'm back on the road, sans my VoltStart which didn't work anyway!
Happy Camper..now off to the Eastern Sierras for 10 days fly fishing!
No automatic alt text available.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:37 PM   #75
Platinum Member

Quote:
Steven Jones Update:
VoltStart module removed from behind the dashboard switch by Mercedes Long Beach CA, new key successfully programmed causing ZERO ERROR MESSAGES!
7 hours in the customer service lounge yesterday (boring). Mercedes only charges me $85 for the standard reprogramming g fee!
I'm back on the road, sans my VoltStart which didn't work anyway!
Happy Camper..now off to the Eastern Sierras for 10 days fly fishing!
No automatic alt text available.
When he refers to a reprogrammed key, is this the ignition key or the remote fob? Or both?
Old 05-18-2017, 08:45 PM   #76
Platinum Member

Quote:
When he refers to a reprogrammed key, is this the ignition key or the remote fob? Or both?
he only got 1 key from roadtrek. he brought it in to MB to get a second key made. However MB was getting multiple errors and couldn't get another key to be made.

So since his voltstart never worked anyways-the disconnected it and took it out. Voila another key made.

He said he will get his voltstart worked on again when he gets back.

I only posted this because it's the newest voltstart comment on facebook-came in yesterday
i also did not say everybody has issues. but some do.

social media has it's uses
Old 05-18-2017, 10:04 PM   #77
Platinum Member

Default Frustrated owner

I did not know much about VoltStart so I searched and this blob surfaced, wow.

A very long writeup-by the very frustrated owner of the new Roadtrek with Alde system. Fortunately for him the saga ended with van replacement by Roadtrek. I thought that only the DIY vans are prototypes but I guess we are not alone. Class B Warned – Well, This Hasn't Gone Well
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:33 PM   #78
Platinum Member

Quote:
he only got 1 key from roadtrek. he brought it in to MB to get a second key made. However MB was getting multiple errors and couldn't get another key to be made.

So since his voltstart never worked anyways-the disconnected it and took it out. Voila another key made.

He said he will get his voltstart worked on again when he gets back.

I only posted this because it's the newest voltstart comment on facebook-came in yesterday
i also did not say everybody has issues. but some do.

social media has it's uses
Perhaps while Voltstart doesn't interfere with previously programmed keys, when attempting to program additional keys, it upsets something in the key programming sequence and throws an error unless the Voltstart module is disconnected. After completing a successful Voltstart free key program, it's too bad the Mercy tech wasn't curious enough to hook Voltstart back up to see if the same programming error(s) returned.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:39 PM   #79
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
I did not know much about VoltStart so I searched and this blob surfaced, wow.

A very long writeup-by the very frustrated owner of the new Roadtrek with Alde system. Fortunately for him the saga ended with van replacement by Roadtrek. I thought that only the DIY vans are prototypes but I guess we are not alone. Class B Warned – Well, This Hasn't Gone Well

RT has a way of dealing with loyal repeat customers.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:28 AM   #80
Platinum Member

Roadtrek has always seemed to find a way to prove the folks, that say the problems are in the past, wrong. It appears to be a never ending parade of issues that sorta kinda get addressed, but rarely fixed well. Etreks without balancers, lithium with a whole row of manual switches because of the parasitic, voltstarts that don't start, dead vans, etc, etc.

The fact that Hymer hasn't changed the administration would seem to say they are OK with the situation, so that has been a big disappointment.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote