Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2020, 12:28 PM   #1

Default New to the Forum but not RVing

Just moving up from a 1984 VW Vanagon camper to a new Travato KL.
Bought my first VW Camper my1st year of law school. Lived in it all during law school. The school had lockers and showers.
Bought mu second VW camper just before my first child. Had it for many years and the 3 of us camped all over. Went without for many years due to overseas travel and work. 5 years ago my wife bought me a 1984 VW camper and have been doing limited camping in it. For mostly obvious reasons, we have decided to upgrade to a Winnebago Travata KL. The VW upper bunk is far more difficult to negotiate in the dark and both beds are harder then I remember.
Looking forward to getting back into the small footprint RVing again.
Rancher Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:53 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Rancher Bob, Howdy from another former VW Campervan owner. Those VW Campervans were the original "Class Bs." We also observed that the older we got, the more uncomfortable both upper and lower beds got. So we upgraded to our LTV Sprinter campervan with comfy bed and bathroom.
Happy Trails.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010LTV-FreeSpirit.jpg (182.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-21-2020, 03:05 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum Bob!

The Travato line is well regarded and the Lithium models will make you feel like you're in a 5-star hotel compared to your VW van.

Give us an update when you get it. Enjoy your new Travato.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:38 PM   #4

Good choice my friend! I recently bought a 2020 Travato 59K and love it. Best unit on the market in my opinion. I have owned Sprinter van, well built, but hard and expense to service. Lot's more Dodge dealers who can service the Ram van and less expensive for service. Drives like a dream and I get 16.9 MPG on reg. gas.
Larry
Rancho Mirage, Ca
prostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 05:00 PM   #5

Hi, we have a 2006 Pleasureway Excel and love it. We are seniors and not too forum savvy (��) but really enjoy reading and learning from other class B owners. Thank you to all who share great answers. I have a hot water tank that won’t ignite after de-winterizing and wonder if someone could help us post this question for help. It has always worked for the 5 years we have owned it. Hopefully we are just doing something wrong and not needing a replacement. Thanks for guiding us.
Sparkiebarkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 05:04 PM   #6

Default Hot water won’t ignite

Hello, we have a 2006 Pleasureway Excel that won’t ignite after de-winterizing. We have had no problems for the 5 years we have owned it. Any suggestions what it could be?? Thank you.
Sparkiebarkie is offline   Reply With Quote