Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2019, 05:43 PM   #1

Default New Zion SRT owners in Pittsburgh

My wive Joan and I have just bought a 2016 Roadtrek Zion SRT, and we're looking forward to many adventures. We're completely new to RVs, so we have a lot to learn. One thing we already need advice on: It was originally equipped with windshield shades that roll out from the edges of the windshield, but the one on the driver's side is missing. I don't know if a replacement is even available, and even if it is, it might be better to just remove the remaining one on the passenger side and replace both with something better. Any advice?

Thanks
Frank
frankb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:04 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Most report that they just trashed them after they broke. There are plenty of aftermarket covering systems from companies like Weathertech and HeatShield. Personally I just hang a curtain across behind the cab... with command hooks.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 02:59 PM   #3

Thanks, Mumkin. I'll have a look at the aftermarket stuff. Looks like they will help with controlling interior temperature in addition to providing privacy.

Frank
frankb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:55 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankb View Post
Thanks, Mumkin. I'll have a look at the aftermarket stuff. Looks like they will help with controlling interior temperature in addition to providing privacy.

Frank

Welcome to the forum Frank!
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:57 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfichman View Post
Just saw this forum. 2008 Roadtrek RS, bought it new and love it. None of the fancy electronics, but it has been a great rig.
Doing another cross country trip this winter from Las Cruces NM to VA & down to FL and along the gulf back to NM
I look forward to sharing info.

Welcome to the Class B Forum:

Lots of fun and helpful members here on the Class Bs in General.

If you do head down to Florida checkout http://CampFlorida.com As this may be helpful in finding that special RV Park somewhere in the state of Florida.

Also, if you do any Wal-Mart Boondocking Stops this may be a useful link. Enjoy and safe TRAVELS. You can also find RV PARKS above in CAMPGROUNDS. Wal-Mart Parking locator & Bed & Briefest
http://www.allstays.com/c/wal-mart-locations.htm

Now as for this Forum you may want to make note of the above two MENUs. The top Menu will open the forums for your reviews and feedbacks. The next MENU below is your MENU for inputting what you want fellow members to know about you. Please Click USER CP on the top left under the main menu and once open start at the top and slowly take them to step by step letting this forum know what you want about yourself, RV, Travels, History Thanks look forward to more POST.

Also, from time to time, you may get a note email from the administrators which you will find under your NAME on the top right.

Thanks for JOINING and Welcome to the Class B Forum. Safe Travels, Happy Trails and enjoy the adventures. Welcome.
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote