Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2019, 04:26 AM   #21
Bronze Member

Alexander,

Also check out the layout of the Coachmen M19-RB.

I had the M19-RD model with the Rear Dinette. However, the "RB" model has the Rear Bath that you are looking for. The Coachmen M19 Class B's are nice.

Now: 1998 Coachmen Starflyte FRB 21' Class B+
Formerly: 1996 Coachmen M19-RD GMC 19' Class B
TatraDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:41 PM   #22
Bronze Member

Regarding the wet bath issue. We've had three Class Bs and I have learned that if you insist on staying small as we do, there are always compromises to be made. There is simply a limit on the real estate available no matter how cleverly you plan it.
Our first was a Ford E250 that we had professionally camperized for us. We used a cassette toilet that was covered by a box that became an upholstered seat when not in use. To use we simply flipped the seat up and opened the front on a hinge. To shower we had a water hose and shower head run out the back door. We would open both
back doors, clip a curtain across and voila - a shower.
Our second Class B was a Rialta. Now it does have a very clever "wet bath" but I discovered it was a lot of work to set up and dissemble again. Instead we used the outside shower. We put two hooks above the outside shower about 5 feet up. To these we attached a square shower rod (which was actually a clothes drying rack in its other life), clipped on a shower curtain and voila - your shower.
Our third Class B is a Roadtrek with completely enclosed wet bath. Have not tired to use it yet but a dry run certainly motivate me to say no to ice cream because I cannot gain an ounce if I am going to shower in that
Weroadtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:05 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Default Wet Bath

Sounds like our Roadtrek Popular. The wet bath is really small. But for me, and even more for my wife, it's either a fully enclosed toilet, or none at all. A commode behind a curtain in the aisle is a non-starter. The difference is mostly psychological, I know...

The shower... well... I suppose we could if we really had to, but we're generally fine with campground showers or a sponge bath.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:20 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Sounds like our Roadtrek Popular. The wet bath is really small. But for me, and even more for my wife, it's either a fully enclosed toilet, or none at all. A commode behind a curtain in the aisle is a non-starter. The difference is mostly psychological, I know...

The shower... well... I suppose we could if we really had to, but we're generally fine with campground showers or a sponge bath.

I think the 190 enclosed bath size really makes us glad we have an older one with the aisle shower. Bathroom takes half the space and the shower is full height with no toilet and sink to work around. If a person wanted to, the dropped floor would allow doubling the shower size by just increasing the track length and a longer shower curtain. We don't normally shower in the van either, and this way we also don't waste the extra space.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:40 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I think the 190 enclosed bath size really makes us glad we have an older one with the aisle shower. Bathroom takes half the space and the shower is full height with no toilet and sink to work around. If a person wanted to, the dropped floor would allow doubling the shower size by just increasing the track length and a longer shower curtain. We don't normally shower in the van either, and this way we also don't waste the extra space.
Mostly, ditto. We use our aisle shower a lot as we mostly boondock in our y2k 200 Versatile.

I installed a reversing switch on the Fantastic fan to blow outside air into the shower area to expand the curtain. It works better than one might suspect. We tend not to turn the fan on when it's chilly, though. We do live in FLA, after all.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:19 PM   #26

Quote:

When did Roadtrek stop using the center isle shower? We just started looking a Class B’s and that looked like a very good set up. I guess I assumed all the Popular & Versatile models used this.

Thanks
Murf
Murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:36 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
When did Roadtrek stop using the center isle shower? We just started looking a Class B’s and that looked like a very good set up. I guess I assumed all the Popular & Versatile models used this.

Thanks
Murf

It appears that the aisle shower was still and option right up until the end, but you probably won't find many with as the years past 2008 increase as they lost popularity. I think the 210s quit with them around 2006 although it may have been an option for a while after that. It was not an option in 210s at the end.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:53 PM   #28

Quote:
It appears that the aisle shower was still and option right up until the end, but you probably won't find many with as the years past 2008 increase as they lost popularity. I think the 210s quit with them around 2006 although it may have been an option for a while after that. It was not an option in 210s at the end.

Thanks booster! Do you know if the same is true on the Versatile?

Thanks again
Murf
Murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:10 AM   #29
Platinum Member

Quote:

Thanks again
Murf

I can't really say on that because I don't know how they would handle the second row of seats if they did do the enclosed bath. Maybe just one on the driver side, but I don't know. I think the Versatile went away some time ago though.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:52 AM   #30
Platinum Member

Quote:

Thanks again
Murf
A bit painstaking, perhaps, but check the brochures on the Roadtrek website for the shower/bath configuration.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:59 AM   #31
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
A bit painstaking, perhaps, but check the brochures on the Roadtrek website for the shower/bath configuration.

That is what I tried to do, but it appears the brochures have been removed and only user manuals now by year and model. You can still Google them all individually and probably find copies of them various places, though.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:41 AM   #32
Platinum Member

Quote:
From what I’ve seen, Popular models with the enclosed wet bath still have the aisle shower pan. My 2014 does. You can shower either way: seated in the enclosure or standing in the aisle.

I don’t consider the wet bath space wasted, because having the commode fully enclosed is something we prefer.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:52 AM   #33
Platinum Member

I was there yesterday and was able to open the pdf files for '93, 97, and 00. I was comparing mine against my brothers RT's. Just out of curiosity.

Here's for '00.

https://www.roadtrek.com/wp-content/...model_year.pdf

HTH.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:51 AM   #34
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
I was there yesterday and was able to open the pdf files for '93, 97, and 00. I was comparing mine against my brothers RT's. Just out of curiosity.

Here's for '00.

https://www.roadtrek.com/wp-content/...model_year.pdf

HTH.

Glad you mentioned that. They moved them from the "owners" area to the "models" area of the top menu. It certainly make more sense where it is now than before. It happened, I think, when the website went dark and then came back during the early days of the closing, probably to to get rid of all the Hymer references and such.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:37 PM   #35
Platinum Member

Quote:
Glad you mentioned that. They moved them from the "owners" area to the "models" area of the top menu. It certainly make more sense where it is now than before. It happened, I think, when the website went dark and then came back during the early days of the closing, probably to to get rid of all the Hymer references and such.
Glad to help.