Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2018, 10:08 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Newbie RVers from North Georgia

Hi all, my husband Dennis and I are the proud owners of a 1993 Coachmen 19RB with 120,000 miles in excellent condition.

We are retired, looking to travel this year with our lab mix “Miss Kitty” in what may be her last year. She loves to ride and we love to travel, we figure this will allow us to spend time with and at the same time see the country.

This is our first RV, And will be upgrading this oldie but goodie. We welcome an suggestions, examples of well done renos and recommended upgrades.

We will also be keeping our eyes open to swap it out for a rear dinette layout model.
Adriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:36 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome!

You will learn a lot over the first year which will help you make an informed decision when you upgrade.

Happy travels!
Old 09-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #3
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriana View Post
Hi all, my husband Dennis and I are the proud owners of a 1993 Coachmen 19RB with 120,000 miles in excellent condition.

We are retired, looking to travel this year with our lab mix “Miss Kitty” in what may be her last year. She loves to ride and we love to travel, we figure this will allow us to spend time with and at the same time see the country.

This is our first RV, And will be upgrading this oldie but goodie. We welcome an suggestions, examples of well done renos and recommended upgrades.

We will also be keeping our eyes open to swap it out for a rear dinette layout model.
You're the lucky guys! At first, you've a lot of free time to go anywhere you like because you have retired now; secondly, you don't need to worry about the expenses on the road. So enjoy the travelling!
Monica998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 06:03 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriana View Post

I'm hoping to retire in 3 years and live full time in my 1999 Roadtrek 190 Popular, so I've been doing a lot of research the past two months. I bought a couple of books written by full-timers, as well as joined 3 RV forums. I've also seen quite a few videos on Youtube, and I'd suggest that you go there to look for ways people have renovated old RV's. I've seen some pretty impressive work! I've also been learning about solar panels and batteries and other modifications. Enjoy yourselves!
Pam G is offline   Reply With Quote