Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2016, 05:57 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Old Roadtrek in central Flowriduh

Hi y'all.

First post up here after looking a round a coupla days. I like the feel here.

We obtained a 2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile about two and a half years ago and are now using it extensivelyas we are now retired. Put about 20k miles on it this year on three different long-ish trips including Quebec and the Maritimes, MN to New Orleans, and six weeks in Colorado.

We sometimes pull a trailer behind it with a 650 Kawasaki Versys motorcycle. I guess that would be or toad.

When we bought it, it was a neglected unit, but some effort and a bunch of work got things pretty squared away. Non of the major systems were defective, tires being the big thing.

The unit now has 154,xxx miles on it and seems fit. I am a bit of a preventative maintenance nut. I would much rather work on it at home than somewhere "out there".

My near term projects on this are to install a new muffler and fuel pump on the genny, relocate the controller box for the solar, and relocate and up size the house battery. I'll get to those after the holidays as we plan on using it just after Christmas.

That's about it. The plan for next year is about 3+months on the west coast, CA to BC.

Retirement does not suck.
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:05 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Steve - welcome to the Class B Forum.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:00 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Thanks .
Old 12-21-2016, 10:55 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Default Old Roadtrek in central Flowriduh

Steve, welcome aboard! 154K.......you have a lot of good roads ahead, enjoy. Those that say retirement is bad.....de lied, ha!
Old 01-07-2017, 09:51 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron J. Moore View Post
Steve, welcome aboard! 154K.......you have a lot of good roads ahead, enjoy. Those that say retirement is bad.....de lied, ha!
Yup. Just broken in.

Retirement does not suck.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:31 AM   #6
Platinum Member

for your trip next year...race through CA and just stay in Oregon...we had a great July on the Oregon beaches.

the state park system is very welcoming

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:28 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
for your trip next year...race through CA and just stay in Oregon...we had a great July on the Oregon beaches.

the state park system is very welcoming

Mike
We will be heading from north to south. I'm not sure about racing through Cal. I focus a bit on motorcycle riding and Cal has way too many excellent twisty roads that my bike lives for.

If we do dawdle we may wind up making it just a NW trip and come back soon for a SW trip. No definite itinerary. Leaving FLA end of May for MN. Leaving MN for the NW in mid June. Arrive FLA end of August for a small dose of summer, FL style.

Thanks for the heads up on OR parks. Not too much into the state park scene but they do have their uses. The roadside pullout rules are also quite friendly.