Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2014, 09:57 PM   #1

Default Our first Rialta

We have just purchased our first Rialta, a 2002 HD. Looking forward to doing some traveling this winter in the southwest. Would also like to meet other Rialta owners.

Kathy & Larry

near Phila, Pa.

larryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:04 PM   #2

Default Our first Rialta

Hi Kathy & Larry,

We purchased our '02 HD about a year ago. It's our first RV, we've done rentals in the past. We're really enjoying it and have run into other Rialta owners. They're always friendly and enjoy talking about their Rialta.

Robin

'02 HD

fiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:18 PM   #3

Default Our first Rialta

Good afternoon Robin,

nice to hear from you. Have you done many trips wih your Rialta, and where have you been? We are planning to go to the southwest this winter. We live in Pa on the north side of Philadelphia. We think that we will do just fine with the small space.

kathy & larry 2002 HD

larryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #4

Default Our first Rialta

We've done short trips (a week or less). As we are not yet retired, longer trips will have to wait. We live in Oregon so most of our travels have been here, WA and CA. The Rialta fits the two of us perfectly.

If you haven't already, join the Rialta group at Big Tent. Lots of information there for owners.

https://www.bigtent.com/groups/ervs

Happy Travels!

Robin

Old 10-02-2014, 05:50 PM   #5

Default Our first Rialta

Hi Robin. We're in the process of buying our first Rialta, a 1999 HD, being reconditioned. We hope to head to Oregon around 10/12. We have reservations at Oregon Gardens and plan to visit Silver Falls SP. Also looking at Tugman on the coast. We plan to spend 10-12 days up there. Any recommendations for other Rialta friendly places in Oregon? We also have two dogs traveling with us. We'll check out the website you suggested above.

Enjoy the journey,

Peter & Becky

peter randolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #6

Default Our first Rialta

peter randolph said:

Hi Robin. We're in the process of buying our first Rialta, a 1999 HD, being reconditioned. We hope to head to Oregon around 10/12. We have reservations at Oregon Gardens and plan to visit Silver Falls SP. Also looking at Tugman on the coast. We plan to spend 10-12 days up there. Any recommendations for other Rialta friendly places in Oregon? We also have two dogs traveling with us. We'll check out the website you suggested above.

Enjoy the journey,

Peter & Becky

Hi Peter & Becky,

Good choices on the Oregon Gardens and Silver Falls SP. They are both beautiful and I'm sure you'll enjoy them. FYI- If you need a "hotel night" the Oregon Garden Resort is on the premises and has quiet comfortable rooms. We've stayed there more than once. Since it sounds like you'll be headed out to the coast, there's a blog I've read from a couple who have just spent the last month traveling down the Oregon coast. Though I believe they travel pulling a 5th wheel, I think you'll find lots of good information on sights and campgrounds in the areas you might be heading. We are near Portland, so if you need more info. on the northern part of Oregon, let me know. Here's the link to the blog:

http://www.metamorphosisroad.b.....gspot.com/

Robin

Old 10-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #7

Default Our first Rialta

Peter & Becky,

It's blogspot.com at the end of the link. Not sure why it posted the way it did. The name of the blog is Metamorphosis Road.

Robin

Old 10-03-2014, 08:55 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Default Our first Rialta

Hi Katy & Larry ,

I did the south west im Westfalia from april to june this year ...we enjoyed it so much so imagine in a Rialta .....

Bryce , antelope and Moab are sweet !

just cant put the link here ! ;-(

Old 10-18-2014, 12:25 AM   #9

Default Our first Rialta

Hi Katy and Larry,

I live near San Antonio and bought a 2002 Rialta QD yesterday. It only has 53000 miles, but I am wondering if I should get the timing belt replaced. They normally last 100,000 miles, but then it is 14 years old. Did you consider anything like this when you purchased yours, or are you concerned now? Any suggestions?

milt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:31 PM   #10

Default Our first Rialta

The best thing about a Rialta is the owners community. The support you can receive from this amazing group of people is incredible. The worst thing about a Rialta is Volkswagen. It's hard to believe a company can stay in business horrible level of customer support. My wife and I bought our first retirement RV, a 2000 Rialta FD double, a year ago in May. Over the next 14 months we put at 8500 miles on the vehicle, experienced new to us parts of the country, and spent 4 months stranded in southern New Mexico while we troubleshot the unavailable computer controls that manage the vehicle's transmission (TCM). A "feature" of VW ownership is a requirement for mechanical skills (VW, 50 years of turning owners into mechanics."
)

Due to other issues, we sold our Ralta in August, but we're not done traveling or camping. Maybe not this year, but definitely next.5

twday is offline   Reply With Quote