Old 09-19-2019, 04:21 PM   #1

Default Replacing Macerator Hose for 2016 Roadtrek

Really appreciate this Forum since Roadtrek went AWOL with our Parts & Warranty. It’s forced me onto this Forum and I am a better man because of it!

Have 2016 Roadtrek Etrek with cracked green Kanaflex hose and need to replace

Would like to try another brand since the Kanaflex seems to stiff for retractable small sized storage bin - so the hose eventually cracks.

I have some confusion on whether the previous posts for Roadtrek hoses have the same macerator set up as mine (retractable) so not sure we are comparing apples to apples.

I have a Shurflo 3200-200. I believe hose is 1” & about 8-9ft. Wondering whether Sani-con hose from Thetford company is too ‘soft’ to push back into Shurflo Macerator?
Buy 21’ and cut the hose?
Also would appreciate some reviews on Sani-con compared to other hoses?

Flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:11 AM   #2
Silver Member

Welcome to this Forum

Old 09-30-2019, 11:19 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
Really appreciate this Forum since Roadtrek went AWOL with our Parts & Warranty. It’s forced me onto this Forum and I am a better man because of it!

Would like to try another brand since the Kanaflex seems to stiff for retractable small sized storage bin - so the hose eventually cracks.

I have some confusion on whether the previous posts for Roadtrek hoses have the same macerator set up as mine (retractable) so not sure we are comparing apples to apples.

I have a Shurflo 3200-200. I believe hose is 1” & about 8-9ft. Wondering whether Sani-con hose from Thetford company is too ‘soft’ to push back into Shurflo Macerator?

We have had a Sani-con for many years in our 07C190P Roadtrek. It works great, fits in the storage much better.

I found it best to use a heavier, radiator hose type, rubber hose from the macerator to the storage compartment for the macerator hose. I put a bulkhead barbed fitting in the storage area and hooked the rubber hose to the outside and Sani-con to the inside.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:20 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I have a '15 210, and just changed out that hose. I got the Thetford 7' which expands to 21' on Amazon;. It comes with a connection piece. That green/yellow hose is really thick, and since the section leading from the macerator wasn't bending or kinking, I cut it off at the drawer, used a heatgun to soften, lightly greased the connection and joined them together. i had this hose on another RT, and it lasted forever. Ron
Old 10-01-2019, 11:58 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron J. Moore View Post

I have a '15 210, and just changed out that hose. I got the Thetford 7' which expands to 21' on Amazon;. It comes with a connection piece. That green/yellow hose is really thick, and since the section leading from the macerator wasn't bending or kinking, I cut it off at the drawer, used a heatgun to soften, lightly greased the connection and joined them together. i had this hose on another RT, and it lasted forever. Ron
Good fix. Wonder why they'd use any other hose?
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote