Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2018, 04:34 AM   #1

Default Roadtrek 200 A/C replacement

I have a 2002 Roadtrek 200 Popular with an A/C that needs replacing. Does anybody know what kind of A/C works in this model Roadtrek? I bought a brand called Home and tried twice but only the fan would work, couldn't get cold air so I returned both units and they gave me a refund.
Linda Whinnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:23 AM   #2
Platinum Member

We've had are 2000 200 for about five years now. It has a 10k btu Frigidare unit that has worked fine. It had a tough time keeping up last year in 109* heat but was still much better than outside.
Not sure if it's still available.

If you want, I should be able to grab a model number off of the documentation.

Oh, and welcome aboard!
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 07:07 PM   #3

Default Roadtrek 200 A/C replacement

Thanks! Did you buy and install the Frigidaire A/C unit? Yes, I would appreciate the model number and if it was listed as okay to install in RV's with all the moving and shaking around!
Linda Whinnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:36 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Whinnery View Post
Thanks! Did you buy and install the Frigidaire A/C unit? Yes, I would appreciate the model number and if it was listed as okay to install in RV's with all the moving and shaking around!
I bought the RT in 2014, the A/C unit was installed in 2010.

I do not have the model number for it, for some reason I do not have the manual for it, hence no model number. I couldn't find it behind the filter panel. Upon further investigation I'm thinking this an 8k btu unit, but I wouldn't bet my money on it. I think they used to make a 10k unit with the same size chassis. It appears that Home Depot carries a current 8k example:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Frigidai...33S1/206949381

It looks quite similar to ours but things may/probably have changed since 2010. The critical spec is height and that appears to be the same. The 10k unit shows a higher height but not certain if that extra piece on the top accounts for the difference. The EER is 12 on this, so fairly efficient for a window unit.

Also, the install work order had a charge for modifying the opening, so apparently it is not a slide replacement, although it looks stock from the interior of the coach.

I don't believe that there is an "RV" rating for it but it has performed well for over eight years, over 60k miles.

Do make sure that you have the shielding that is supposed to be there for directing the outside air flow. It consists of two vertical panels that fit up against the A/C unit at the edges and extend to the rear screen to keep the air from recirculating through the condensor coil.

I wish I could have helped on the model number but it is probably behind the front panel which is apparently not removable without pulling the unit. Sorry.

If I were to have to replace it I would get the above unit after double checking the dimensions once the old unit was removed. $249, quite frugal.

Good luck.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:43 PM   #5
Silver Member

Default a/c

I also installed a 10000 btu Fridgidaire unit in my 2001 Roadie 2000.
The new unit was a little taller and so the removable roof panel is bowed to accomodate the increased height. and the air outlet is tight against the headliner. I used roof sealing tape around the seam of the roof panel and on the gaps on the sides of the interior.
If I was to do it again I would find one with a different air discharge setup
Scottie409 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roadtrek 200 popular, roadtrek air conditioner